Brean info

snakey1

Has anyone here fished the Brean sands area especially around Brean Down and the river axe? i have fished the beaches there for many years but now am thinking about taking the yak down there one of the days, however i am extremely wary of doing so because of the tides in this area(it has the second highest tide fall in the world).Any info you guys could pass on would be extremely useful in helping decide whether its worth trying this area or not.

Has anyone here fished the Brean sands area especially around Brean Down and the river axe? i have fished the beaches there for many years but now am thinking about taking the yak down there one of the days, however i am extremely wary of doing so because of the tides in this area(it has the second highest tide fall in the world).Any info you guys could pass on would be extremely useful in helping decide whether its worth trying this area or not.

I have experiance of the water from brean to Weston and can confirm that you must be very aware of the tide rush in both directions. From boating experiance in that area, you will find that for 1 hour either side of a high tide you will be ok for accesss and egress but do not get stuck in the mud or even attempt to go through it the coast guards and rescue teams have many calls from stranded people, plus their have been the occasional death.

Going from uphill around the point, be aware of the fast current and swell, from burnham going from the slip is ok but their are strong under currents from up river as you will be aware from the sand banks.

A good point is around by watchet, but the exact name slips me at the moment.

I new a few guys that went out and had good bass and cod when running. and i've had a few good cod from just a few 100 yds from weston pier. also from weston just before the old pier oposite marine lake thier is a deep area that does give good fishing and the occasional big conga.

If you feel that this spot is for you please ask the local Coast guard resuce team who are allways available and they will give you all the advice you need.

Hope this is some help.