A piece of crumpet

The Flying Tench

I went to visit my mother-in-law yesterday, and mananged to get away for a couple of hours on a feeder stream to the River Wey. I didn't have time to buy any maggots, and had run out of bread, but as luck would have it I found a spare crumpet in the fridge.

Proved a good bait. Squeezed as flake or paste to get rid of the air. Caught a couple of nice chub. Does anyone else have experience of this interesting bait?

For me the motto is clear. I shall always try and have a spare piece of crumpet in the car when I visit my mother-in-law!

john clarke

I would like to keep a piece of spare crumpet in the car but a whack on the head, from Sue usually disabuses me of the idea.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I would like to keep a piece of spare crumpet in the car but a whack on the head, from Sue usually disabuses me of the idea.

Tony

Wives in the UK are not at all understanding in such matters. As I understand it, in northern Australia, crumpet is a regular bait for the big crocodiles! It also has to be said my wife has no objection to my having a piece of crumpet in the car!

john clarke