new boy on the sea

andymcb

hi there,

i have recently moved near margate and am keen to start a new hobby(time permitting!!!!).

it would be foolish of me not to take advantage of the abundance of water surrounding me therefore could anybody recommend a good book for the beginer to master the basics i.e rigs, bait presentation ,termonology etc,

i am going on my second boat trip aug bank hol weekend and would like to swat up.

thanks in advance

prowler 13 angling edition

margate kent

beware.. one man's legacy is another's inheritance...

If you are going to be fishing from the beaches then I'd recommend anything by John Holden or John Darling. You can find them if you do a search on amazon.co.uk, or if you are lucky you might find one of their books on ebay.

If it's boat fishing you'll be doing most of, and if you are fishing locally, you could do a lot worse than Uptide and Boatcasting by Bob Cox. It's all about boat fishing in the Thames estuary. You'll have to keep an eye open on ebay for that one though.

I believe that John Wilson has written a few books on sea angling. I haven't read them so I don't know what they are like, but they should be good as John Wilson is a very good angler, and very knowledgable.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hi Andy, Welcome to AN...Good books mentioned by Steve....I have them, great reads too, and readily available on Ebay..... If you want to pm me your address, I will post a couple of good "All Rounder" books off to you...:) The sea angling in one is covered by Mike Toomer, both boat and beach, and the other is covered by Chris Yates,and Mike Thrussel ..... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/