Fishing books

dogfish

I have read, with interest, some of the threads about angling books.

The value of books is something I have never really taken any notice of.

However, after reading some threads, I decided to have a look at various online booksellers to try and value some of mine.

I have found that I have several books which may be worth quite a bit (to someone). I own several first editions.

As I may be emigrating in the near future I may decide to sell mine.

I would prefer to sell as a bulk lot rather than go through a lot of hassle.

Does anyone know the best way to do this?

Do any book dealers give valuations? if so who?

I would be grateful for any advice.

I'd be happy to do so. Just PM or e-mail me a list. I'll need author, title, details of the edition, plus the condition of the book and any dustwrapper. I assume you're after what you're likely to get if you sell rather than the replacement cost for insurance purposes?

Before lots of you ask though I can't do everyone's! Dealers don't normally do so for free unless we're being offered the book or books.

As for selling as a collection rather than splitting them up, this is where dealers come in. However, as we're getting ready to move house Peggy may shoot me if I buy another collection!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'd be happy to do so. Just PM or e-mail me a list. I'll need author, title, details of the edition, plus the condition of the book and any dustwrapper. I assume you're after what you're likely to get if you sell rather than the replacement cost for insurance purposes?

Before lots of you ask though I can't do everyone's! Dealers don't normally do so for free unless we're being offered the book or books.

As for selling as a collection rather than splitting them up, this is where dealers come in. However, as we're getting ready to move house Peggy may shoot me if I buy another collection!

Thanks Steve

I will make a list (I have quite a few) and will email you when it is complete.

Should have added....it is the sale value not the insurance value I am interested in.

The value of books is something I have never really taken any notice of.

However, after reading some threads, I decided to have a look at various online booksellers to try and value some of mine.

I have found that I have several books which may be worth quite a bit (to someone). I own several first editions.

As I may be emigrating in the near future I may decide to sell mine.

I would prefer to sell as a bulk lot rather than go through a lot of hassle.

Does anyone know the best way to do this?

I would be grateful for any advice.

How soon, mate??? And where did you decide???. Best of luck in that endeavour :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Most of my old books and most of my National Geographics were given to the local high school for the students, heard that some teachers wanted a few :angry:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

How soon, mate??? And where did you decide???. Best of luck in that endeavour :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Either brisbane, Sunshine coast or northern NSW....Not sure yet.

My son lives in Adelaide but is moving back to Brisbane soon.

We are due to go in November but not sure if it will be permanent this time. I have had a visa for a while and have to get a move on

Either brisbane, Sunshine coast or northern NSW....Not sure yet.

My son lives in Adelaide but is moving back to Brisbane soon.

We are due to go in November but not sure if it will be permanent this time. I have had a visa for a while and have to get a move on

Thanks for the feedback, mate. Unfortunately, I have had a few sessions in the local hospital and missed out on this news, until last night.

All the best wherever you go. Qld is by far the best area...........except for the general drought; dams down to 1/3 capacity and level 4 water restrictions in Brissie.

Plenty of local fishing, be it sea, beach, or freshwater around SE Qld. Flathead, whiting snapper off shore and the odd mackerel :thumbs: in summer. Yellowbelly, murray cod, bass, trout, silver perch and the like all within 3 hours drive of Brissie. Nearly forgot :schmoll::schmoll: Barramundi in Awoonga dam, near Gladstone.:thumbs::thumbs:

All the best, mate.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.