Intro & Club info

Moodyboy

As i have started posting on the forum I thought I would introduce myself properly.

i have been fishing for about 25 of my 30 years, not really into the "carp" thing although I do pike fish occasionally in the winter and I must admit I am a bit of a snob when it comes to commercial puddles. I would rather catch nothing on a river for the day.

I have been in SW London for a year and can be found on either the Wandle or occasionally the mole. I have also fished the shropshire severn, Twekesbury Avon, Sussex Ouse and the Ruhr in germany

I am actually looking for a club that doesn't take itself to seriously. I don't drive so it would have to be based around SW london and Surrey

Previously I asked about fishing the Thames at battersea and got some excellent advice and when I get the chance to use it I will update you all on how I got on

Cheers

Dan

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

As i have started posting on the forum I thought I would introduce myself properly.

i have been fishing for about 25 of my 30 years, not really into the "carp" thing although I do pike fish occasionally in the winter and I must admit I am a bit of a snob when it comes to commercial puddles. I would rather catch nothing on a river for the day.

I have been in SW London for a year and can be found on either the Wandle or occasionally the mole. I have also fished the shropshire severn, Twekesbury Avon, Sussex Ouse and the Ruhr in germany

I am actually looking for a club that doesn't take itself to seriously. I don't drive so it would have to be based around SW london and Surrey

Previously I asked about fishing the Thames at battersea and got some excellent advice and when I get the chance to use it I will update you all on how I got on

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan, just done a google, is this any good? http://rudgwickangling.tripod.com/

This one has a waiting list and might be futher away.

http://www.bdas.kent.btinternet.co.uk/

John

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Thanks Gozzer

The Rudgewick is to far , but the BDAS looks interesting.

Is anyone on the forum a member of Dorking & District??

My advice is to learn to drive and get a car! I lived in SW London for 10 years and in the end had to get a car to make life worth living. You're only 45-mins away from some excellent fishing (Surrey/Hampshire). Get an old banger and get out there :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anderoo your right, unfortunatley there always seems to be something else I have to spend my money on!!!

I have managed to "hook"a friend who now has the fishing bug (sickness?) and he has a car, so I do occassionaly get, out any recomendations apart from Bury Hill?

Bury Hill main lake is good but quite expensive. I've recently got a permit to fish Bushy Park and Hampton court. It covers 5 lakes and is only £20. Have only fished on the longwaer outside Hampton court and it was hard. Didn't catch anything and I think its more for carp fishing. However I've been told by a number of people that the lakes in Bushy are quite productive with bream, roach, perc and even eels, as well as the ubiquitous carp. That's going to be my next outing, try and catch some bream.

Its not a long walk fro Hampton Court station either if you aren't with your friend and it's a short drive if you have the car.

Anderoo your right, unfortunatley there always seems to be something else I have to spend my money on!!!

I have managed to "hook"a friend who now has the fishing bug (sickness?) and he has a car, so I do occassionaly get, out any recomendations apart from Bury Hill?

Bury Hill main lake is good but quite expensive. I've recently got a permit to fish Bushy Park and Hampton court. It covers 5 lakes and is only £20. Have only fished on the longwaer outside Hampton court and it was hard. Didn't catch anything and I think its more for carp fishing. However I've been told by a number of people that the lakes in Bushy are quite productive with bream, roach, perc and even eels, as well as the ubiquitous carp. That's going to be my next outing, try and catch some bream.

Its not a long walk fro Hampton Court station either if you aren't with your friend and it's a short drive if you have the car.

Cheers for that , I' go and have a recce when I get time.