Taverham Mills

Mat Hillman

I'm off to Taverham Mills for the first weekend in September with a group of mates,

As I've never fished it before I was wondering if we had anyone out there who knew the place and would be prepared to give me a few tips!

Particualrly interested in the big tench and the barbel, but will be happy to catch anything :)

TIA

Mat

Mat

HI Mat, I'd try the CEMEX/RMC web site someone there may be able to help.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Hi mat, iv fished taverham for long weekends 1ce or twice a year for the past 4 years now i think.

The tench seem to like mini fruity boilies, fish to the pads generally though there are loads of them. The guys in the tackle shop are more than helpful and will most certianly direct you to good tench swims.

As for the barbel im not to sure, the weir i would say is a good bet, or abit further downsteam in the deeper runs under the willows. From what i was told in the past pellet will work fine. Again ask in their tackle shop they really are keen to help you catch.

Hoping to book a weekend there late september myself, its a real nice place and you should have a cracking time. Could do with abit more rain in the rivers at the moment though. Let us know how you get on, have a gooden.

steve.