Sea Swim Feeders

doshkadog

Hey Speciman,

Do you think it makes any difference to your catch rate or too the size of the bream, tried to buy one when Hugh Vitae started selling them, but he was having problems with supply so gave up the wait and never bothered since.

That was until seeing this thread.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hard for me to say Starvin as I haven't used it enough yet to say for sure. I was planning to hold fire and use it again as from next spring when the big ones arrive to breed. Using one from the kayak does require some extra organisation - you've seen the state of my cockpit after a normal fishing session - times that mess by ten and you'll have an idea of the utter mess I can create when I 'get me hands on some burley'. Had a good session with Zzippy yesterday in the Solent; plenty of bream about albeit not of great size. If we fish down there again before the water cools down, I'll take it down and see if I can keep them in the swim. I think little and often is the way to use them.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi all !

I have groundbaited from my boats for sometime now ! For the bream off selsey its a must !!

Being a tight A** i use the cheapest trout pellets i can find and pour hot water over them so they go soft and add rice and all the bait from the last fishing trip !!.

With this smelly mix i put some in plastic moulds with a loop of garden wire and the rest i force into a plastic milk container and when full i screw the top back on !!

Then when i arrive on the mark i send down a couple of frozen blocks first to get thing moving and then when the bites start i send down the 4 pint container with holes in for slow release !!

Does it work ?? sure when the bream come aboard they cough up the rice and chum !.

On my Yak ! because off bognor its quite shallow i have been just throwing it in by hand !

On saturday morning i was out by the rocks in the P13 and using float gear in 10 minutes of arriving and starting chumming i had garfish ,mackeral,bream and ballen wrasse !!

For tope and smoothounds i know have one of these new "EDGE" droppers , they work very well also !!

Edited by luffers

Glad to hear the trout pellets work. Thats what I was using this year along with rice and some egg mixed in.. very cheap to make a big batch. It stank preparing it and the kayak stank afterwards. I had to make mine in the garden because of the smell. When I came back to the pot after it had cooled down there were lots of big blue bottles in there. I must have attracted every one in my local area.

Do you have a link or pic of the Edge dropper?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I am sure them Berley Bombs can be made easily from a little DIY!

Last year i went fishing on a sunday and had lugworm left over from the sat. i bought it with me in case we did not have enough time to dig enough. I left them under a rock where we were fishing so they would not blow away while we fished the tide in. Well i forgot they were there and the tide covered them. However this acted as an attractor and i must have caught over 15 flatties and some school bass. I am sure this is the reason as i regularly fish this spot.

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Glad to hear the trout pellets work. Thats what I was using this year along with rice and some egg mixed in.. very cheap to make a big batch. It stank preparing it and the kayak stank afterwards. I had to make mine in the garden because of the smell. When I came back to the pot after it had cooled down there were lots of big blue bottles in there. I must have attracted every one in my local area.

Do you have a link or pic of the Edge dropper?

Hi Speciman !

Sorry no link :-( but a guy makes them in a small unit in Portsmouth !! the advert was in BFM magazine !!

regards

Luffers !

Hi Luffers

Are the Edge droppers a metal box with a hinged lid on the side which is opened when the dropper makes impact with the bottom? I think I've seen those advertised at some point.

Yep ! thats the one ! when it hits the bottom two doors open , works i treat ! at slack water i have even used it out on the "spoil grounds".

I mainly use it for bigger food items chopped mackerel and squid etc !! it does make things happen !!

Its made from 316 stainless !