Canon Powershot A700

Snatcher

Only me can make a fish look bigga, even a likkle stikkle back. :2:

Nice one !!!! :)

Next question what memory card to go for?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

http://www.emartbuy.co.uk/products.php?prodid=16

Hi Snatcher,

I'm glad this camera does not have option on colour :) .The above link is for a 1gb SD scandisk memory card and is the best price i could find, i think 1gb is the largest size available in SD format, it reads and writes at 3mb/sec which is fast enough for most. This should write your photo's largest size in less than 2 seconds.

At £14.50.plus P&P of about £2.00 its good value.

I use a 1gb IBM micro drive and can take up 1000 shots in one session should i have the energy and battery power :sun: .

Good luck,

Richard

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

http://www.emartbuy.co.uk/products.php?prodid=16

Hi Snatcher,

I'm glad this camera does not have option on colour :) .The above link is for a 1gb SD scandisk memory card and is the best price i could find, i think 1gb is the largest size available in SD format, it reads and writes at 3mb/sec which is fast enough for most. This should write your photo's largest size in less than 2 seconds.

At £14.50.plus P&P of about £2.00 its good value.

I use a 1gb IBM micro drive and can take up 1000 shots in one session should i have the energy and battery power :sun: .

Good luck,

Richard

Thanks for the info Richard :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 2 weeks later...

Well have taken the plunge and just ordered the Cannon Powershot A700 from Pixelmania. Need to buy a larger memory card next.

Will go with Richards suggestion of http://www.emartbuy.co.uk/products.php?prodid=16 (sure it is compatable??) unless someone suggests something different.

When my new toy arrives expect loads of stupid questions from a digital virgin :headhurt::headhurt: Would like the replies in "laymans" terms please :)

Will also learn from young Snatcher how to download shots onto the pc/resize/add to posts etc. He is a clever chappie and has a degree in computing and electronics but seems to forget when explaining things to the old man that I was born BC (before computers) I am sure some other older guys out there can relate to this.

Once again thanks for all the input chaps :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

We like Virgins.

:secret::secret::secret:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

The SD 1 gig card has arrived,just waiting for the camera now :) Get ready for loads of basic questions :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair