fishing baits other than the standard ones.

s_mac

I had quite a bit of success with prawns. They seem to be quite instant with tench and carp. I fished them over a bed of hemp and the fish tore into them. The runs were ridiculously hard with fish tearing away across the lake.

When I say they are instant though I found that if the fish aren't taking them within an hour, at the most then it pays to switch baits going back to the prawns once an hour or so.

One of the most recently discovered fish baits was SMELT for Pike in particular. Smell of cucumber apparently?? :blink:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I do chuckle with all of these people discovering fish baits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just about if not all UK species will eat fish eggs, most also eat fry.

Most groundbaits, pellets and pastes contain fishmeal as do a fair amout of boilies.

I use tins of tuna and salmon in spod mixes and have also tried blending them and

other fish products with crumb to make various pastes.

Also on the market are various fish oils that all attract fish.

Its simple really - fish like eating fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Originally posted by Andy Macfarlane:

" Simple paste:

Take 2 slices of day old white bread and make a sandwich with the flavouring of your choice. I've used cheese, jam, marmalade, preserves, just tried mustard and it works well, meat spreads, fish pastes, marmite, Bovril, honey, golden syrup, molasses, liquidised sweetcorn etc. etc.

Put the sandwich in the blender and blitz at full speed until the sandwich has been broken down into a loose/dryish crumb.

Now add any other additives you wish to include. Not too much mind. A little squirt of 'Van Den Eynde Liquid Corn' for instance goes a long way.

Check the crumb. It should be slightly moist to the touch and it should be forming a loose dough.

Now beat an egg yolk and introduce that to you mixture a little at a time. half a yolk should be enough. The egg simply acts as a binder.

Now add any food colouring you wish. Red and yellow seem to be pretty universal.

Take the mixture and put it in a sandwich bag. Knot it and leave it somewhere warm overnight to 'mature'.

In the morning you should have a paste resembling play-dough. Take a pinch and roll it on the palm of your hand. It should form a stiff ball without much fuss.

Stick it on a hook and cast. "

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Use frozen prawns straight from the bag. Perch seem to like them twitched under a float. I don't find them much use as a static bait, where the Perch are concerned. Other species like Tench are fond of them too but I'm no Tench angler so you'd have to ask one the Tench-heads.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...