do not want to drill or cut

Somerset in Jersey

Anchoring in slow moving water - attach a carabiner to the end of your anchor line you can clip this onto an eyelet near the seat(stern facing) or near the feet(bow facing tide). Before I rigged up an anchor trolley on my Caper I used this method -would only recommend this in slow moving water as the line puts the kayak at an angle to the current.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Anchoring in slow moving water - attach a carabiner to the end of your anchor line you can clip this onto an eyelet near the seat(stern facing) or near the feet(bow facing tide). Before I rigged up an anchor trolley on my Caper I used this method -would only recommend this in slow moving water as the line puts the kayak at an angle to the current.

will look at this any pics or diagrams to assist?

Don't know the Drifter but look at utilising any attachment points that already exist. Things like te rudder post fitting and front carry handle fixings. I use a loop of shock cord past down through the rudder post tied in a knot on a round stopper at the bottom to stop it coming back through. etc.

While it is a good idea not to rush into drilling holes once you are happy with a layout it isn't that big an issue. Its always the first one that makes you wince. Just plan and try the layout on the yak first. Take a look at other setups for some ideas.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Don't know the Drifter but look at utilising any attachment points that already exist. Things like te rudder post fitting and front carry handle fixings. I use a loop of shock cord past down through the rudder post tied in a knot on a round stopper at the bottom to stop it coming back through. etc.

While it is a good idea not to rush into drilling holes once you are happy with a layout it isn't that big an issue. Its always the first one that makes you wince. Just plan and try the layout on the yak first. Take a look at other setups for some ideas.

does any one know the action of drilling or gluing has on the waranty?

I have no diagrams or pics.

I used the 100ft cord on winder from Homebase (also available at B&Q), unwravelled it all then wound it back on about 10inches back from a carabiner I tied to the end the cord. The other end of the cord was attached to the anchor chain.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

OK Drifter fisher

Hi SIJ

Just looked at the spec of your drifter and it seems to have similar attachment loops to my scupper. I followed Darnsarfs idea and attached my anchor trolley using these and the rudder attachment hole (I assume you don't have a rudder on?) No need to drill a single hole for this (trolley only goes to stern on mine!) The only holes were when I fitted cleat and clam cleats to hold the line still when anchored (otherwise the trolley slides back and forth with the tide!) I riveted with SS peel rivets, adding a little silicon to hole before popping!. Water does not get through when I jetwash over it!!.

I will take a few pics and post them later, when it stops bloomin raining!!!

SDD~~~~ :sun: