do not want to drill or cut

Somerset in Jersey

OK

after all ive seen and heard if one does not want to drill or make holes in your yak, how would you sugest to fix an anchor, been thinking about this but no real answer comes to mind. help and advice appreciated theor must be a way.

If you dont want to drill or cut holes.You can set up a Anchor pully system by conecting it to your front and rear Carry handels.A few ppl have done this

zzippy2.gif

I don't have an anchor for my P13 but I do use a rope and a caribeerner to tie up to bouys etc.

I use a rope tied to the carry handle at the front of the boat. The caribeener is tied to the rope at a distance slightly longer than from the bow to the seat. The remaining length of rope (longer than the one above) is loosely attached to the side of my seat.

Once clipped on to a bouy, the boat sits head to wind comfortably. When you want to move, you just pull in the rope so that the caribeener is at your side and unclip.

I'm sure that something similar would work with an anchor. The only downside is that you end up with a ball of rope in your footwell.

OK

after all ive seen and heard if one does not want to drill or make holes in your yak, how would you sugest to fix an anchor, been thinking about this but no real answer comes to mind. help and advice appreciated theor must be a way.

To my Prowler 13, I've fitted an anchor trolley as shown at

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/Prowler_AnchorTrolley.htm

using existing fittings, but I didn't fit the jam cleat, so avoiding drilling any holes.

I anchor the anchor line itself by winding it around a cleat screwed to a short length of broom handle and placing that in one of the flush rod holder sockets.

This seems to work well, and maybe something you could consider, whether or not you rig the anchor trolley.

As mentioned by someone else, I also carry a length of floating rope with a large loop to sling over a convenient buouy. This can be attached to the stern handle or eyelet, and it's easy to paddle round and retrieve the rope when you're done.

Hope this helps.