enlargement question

steve good

Hi Steve ... :D

It's certainly possible to crop out part of an image, then enlarge the cropped part. The quality of the picture must be good to stand any considerable enlargement. :thumbs:

As to out of focus. A picture that is out of focus is just that ... Out of Focus ! I don't know of any software that can re-focus a picture. Some try, but with not very good results. :angry:

How about posting the pic up on here ... and letting our wizards have a go at it ? :P:P

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Once you get past a 100% crop you are trying to enlage what isnt there to start with and whatever program you are using is second guessing the missing pixels, if the image is say 2000 pixels long and you make it 2200 pixels long then it will probably look ok but if it is 100 pixels and you make it anyhting more than about 110 pixels it is going to look minging.

• 2 weeks later...

As Alnath said, increasing the size of something WILL cause a drop in quality. The key is to set the camera to give the best resolution (quality) possible.

That will then make cropping (cutting out the section you want) be easier and allow the cropped section.

If a section is Out of Focus, sorry but you are out of luck, there is no fix for that... many photo's would have been saved if I could do that =(

Wiggly had the right idea, if you post it up and explain what you want out of it, it will be easier to do and then explain how it was done.