How To Use Hooks To Nylon

Elton

Posted on behalf of Chris - please post all replies to this thread:

How do you use hook to nylon?,and are they better then doing it yourself?.

Thankyou from chris.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Erm, does he mean how do you attach them to the line? If so, tie a double overhand loop knot in the end of your mainline, pass that loop through the loop in the hook-to-nylon, and then pass the hook through the mainline loop and gently pull tight (moistening first to avoid friction that might weaken the nylon).

http://www.amherstlodge.com/fishing/knots/doloop/doloop.htm

Are they better? Only if you don't trust yourself to tie on loose hooks, which is much cheaper, plus you can choose exactly what hook/hooklength combination you like. If your eyesight is going a bit, they might be a good idea in the smaller sizes. I understand the quality is generally better now than it was years ago.

Hooks to nylon are great if you want to setup you tackle fast. The nylon is tied predominantly to spade end hooks, which are less strong than eyed hooks but allow the bait to behave naturally in your chosen swim.

You attach them using the loop to loop method ie. tie a small loop on your main line, pass the nylon through the loop, and htne pass the hook end through the nylon loop and pull tight.

I use eyed hooks which I tie myself, because they are usually stronger than spade ends, but the downside is that they don't let the bait behave naturally (so I am told). Plus it's a cheaper way of tying line to hook etc.