Competition Anglers Given Drug Tests

Leon Roskilly

"Well....It started off with just a few Maggots with my mates....but it wasnt long before {sniff} I started wanting to experiment with Worm too.

I thought i would be ok {sniff}....but my habit got worse.

My Girlfriend left me when she found out I was 'doin TP'.......those Trout Pellets really screw you up!....But.... I can 'andle it!'

ARE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW INVOLVED IN BAIT ABUSE?

If so, call the national bait helpline!!

Thats a hoot!

Of course I can see how Illegal Steroids would be a positive boon to anglers........not

Speak for yourself mate ;) Us top class Catfish anglers have been injecting anebolic steroids for years! Not only do we need rippling biceps and bulging pecs to lift our catch but nothing looks worse in a trophy shot than some skinny jerk struggling to lift a ton plus fish.Massive bulging bodies are definately best.....................................only trouble is that Ive only just found out that its not my belly Im meant to stick them in :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

There should be a bit more about this in my report in tomorrows Angler's Mail. Basically Fips want angling to start to approach Olympic standards. Before it would ever be considered for entering in the Olympics, there are certain standards that need to apply and random drug tests are one of those criteria.

Dick Clegg told me that, while the test were being conducted. Main problem was the way the tests were carried out and the fact that they were not planned and announced before the match.

The whole episode descended into farce, really.

Tamas Walter, the World Champion was concerned that excess Red Bull may be detected.

And Livia Hajdu, ex-Ladies World Champ said to me:

"What drugs can improve your fishing ability? I want some!"

The Mahseer Trust, working for one of the world's iconic fish and the rivers they live in

www.mahseertrust.org

Fishery info for the Westcountry:
www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
check out
www.v2vangling.co.uk