Bolt rig for roach?

Papa Lazarou

Hi all, a local water contains some lovely roach to over 2 pounds and i have had some success on the feeder, however i decided a couple of weeks ago (after reading about the guy with the funny tooth) to try the old two rods on buzzer set ups using fairly heavy feeders bolt rig style. Result? i had 3 or 4 nice roach but none of them seemed to register a single bleep on the alarms or lift the swingers?, it was only the usual tell tale knocks on the rod tips positioned fairly high. Is it a case of roach just being shy biters and not suited to this style of scaled down carp fishing and should i stop being lazy and just go back to the tip(which hurts my eyes :( ) any tips gratefully received. :):)

Wanna buy some pegs dave..

Bolt rigs for roach, it depends on how far you are casting. And shouldn't your swingers be on a tight line ready to fall back?

I am not an experienced 'roach on big pits' angler but what little I have done has been with either a helicopter rig or a running feeder. Try the helicopter with the line wound up tight so that bites are indicated by the tip waggling or the swinger dropping.

hi papa

if your using a heavy feeder set up,ie 2-3oz,it may be that the roach cant move the feeder/lead once they have hooked themselves,hence you wont get a bite that registers,are you fishing at range or close in?

i would scale down the feeder size,to say 1oz,more than enough for them to hook themselves but also enough to register a bite,also try using light in-line leads,korda ones are perfect,say 1oz and under,semi fixed it acts as a perfect bolt rig.

for indication use light bobbins,they will show small movements better than a swinger or a springer.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!