pva bags

feelingblue

made my debut on the fishing scene the weekend before last and loved it. been 3 times since. the fella i go with was using these pva bags filled with something. wanted to ask him what he filled them with but didn't want to show i was pretty clueless as on one of our trips i cleaned up where as he blanked and wanted to keep my front up as you do. so what do you put in these bags and how do you atach them? i saw some in the tackle shop but there was a stocking like thing on a tube and then they had bags. are they both the same?

also want to learn to do the knots for my rigs as i feel a bit of a pest asking the other fella to do them everytime we go, is ther any where to see the knots to learn them.

thanks in advance guys

Welcome :)

Few articles on PVA in our carp section:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Carp-Fishing-Articles/

And some rig suggestions here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Rig-Section/Carp-Rigs/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

made my debut on the fishing scene the weekend before last and loved it. been 3 times since. the fella i go with was using these pva bags filled with something. wanted to ask him what he filled them with but didn't want to show i was pretty clueless as on one of our trips i cleaned up where as he blanked and wanted to keep my front up as you do. so what do you put in these bags and how do you atach them? i saw some in the tackle shop but there was a stocking like thing on a tube and then they had bags. are they both the same?

also want to learn to do the knots for my rigs as i feel a bit of a pest asking the other fella to do them everytime we go, is ther any where to see the knots to learn them.

thanks in advance guys

Ok. all PVA does is melt in water, so keep it away from water. The stocking type on the tube is called funnel web, of which you get different types. One type you can put boilies into, the others are for pellets and then dry method mix or particles.

The bags are basically the same, except how you use them is different.

The funnel web is best attached by conveting a helicopter rig, by using an inline lead, put your line through it and attach the lead using a swivel, tie your bag or funnel web to the swivel bring the hook link around and put the piont of the hook into the pva, it just stops tangles.

PVA bags are best when you put hook link lead freebies into the bag.

Roger

Seriously... buy all the materials you need for rigs and make them yourself, you will save a fortune and it makes you feel really involved when you catch...ready mades are OK, but you dont get much choice, you can fine tune your rigs when you make them yourself....

thanks guys.

i was looking at the knots in the lin given and was wondering are these ok to use on the ready made rigs?

I could never trust someone else to tie my knots, if look around on the web, there are some very good animated pics of how to tie knots.

Ready made rigs are ok to give you an ideas of how the rig should look, far better and cheaper to make your own.

Also landing a fish on your own rig, gives just that little bit more satifaction.

Roger

thanks guys.

i was looking at the knots in the lin given and was wondering are these ok to use on the ready made rigs?

There's plenty of carp fishing books that have knots in them - have a thumb through them before you buy. Keep them simple and practice at home with some string and you'll soon get the hang of it. I use only 2 different knots I think so there's no need to complicate things more than that. One is the knotless knot, can't remember the name of the other, but it's equally simple to tie.

Rob.