Nene Perch

Paul33

Guest Ferret1959

Nice fish Paul and nice to hear the Nene is fishing well.

Just a bit of advice, when taking photos or handling fish try and use a wet cloth.

Or better still get yourself a unhooking mat. :)

Oh and anytime you want to show me where you fished I'd love to have a gander. :)

Ditto what Ferret said about wetting the towel/unhooking mat, but cracking fish all the same!!

Must have been quite a shoal. The one 'chasing' isn't that odd, as perch tend to shoal in year class and have a habit of following each other right up to the net. It's not unknown to net more than one, so fixated are they with their mate! LOL

Were you bait fishing, or lure fishing?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Congratulations, especially on catching 3 such specimens!!

There's long been discussions about why perch chase each other in this way. My own idea is that they're trying to pinch the food from the fish that's got it, or at least worry the fish so it drops the food. This happens with a lot of animals, and I suspect perch are the same.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Agree with the landing mat advice, I was caught unequipped for this one ....... lesson learnt !!!

The fish were caught in the Alwalton Lock area which I've been having fun at for a few weeks. There are some seriously big perch in the vicinity and I've lost some real monsters including one I would estimate at 4lb plus which, believe it or not, snapped my landing net handle and then the line as it plummeted back into the depths ....... gutted was not the word :wallbash: !!!

It was my wife's nikon digital "point and shoot" camera ....... I'll pass on your compliments :lol: !!!

Ha!

I just asked because I'm fed up of getting my prints back from the developers to find that half of my photos are blurry, cloudy, misty, wobbly and just plain rubbish!

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.