BBC Radio lancs

Martin Salisbury

Here is a preview of the next few programmes for those who like to listen. The programme is also available over the internet to those out of the area.

At The Waters Edge programme Thursday October 12th @ 1930 and Saturday October 14th @ 0600 Martin meets up with Mark Hyde a police officer from Barnoldswick on the river Ribble too talk about Pendle Fishing Buddies Angling Club. Solicitor Martin Salisbury of Leyland talks about his fishing trip to Dorset and Mick Holgate of Wigan tells Martin about his first season in fly fishing.

At The Waters Edge programme Thursday October 19th @ 1930 and Saturday October 21st @ 0600 Martin is joined in the studio by Tony Sutton of Withnell Angling Club who discusses the club and its water available to members and the day permit facilities and Alan Roe of Blackpool who talks about his carp fishing trip down south

At The Waters Edge programme Thursday October 26th @ 1930 and Saturday October 28 th @ 0600 Martin is joined on the River Ribble by Jim Hinchley who talks about his passion for fishing and the barbel. Martin then travels down to the river Kennet with William Holloway where Wiliam talks about catching a barbell and some of his adventurous travel around the world.

At The Waters Edge programme Thursday November 2 nd @ 1930 and Saturday November 4 th @ 0600 Martin is joined in the studio by Alan Roe of Blackpool. Martin and Alan discuss winter fishing and their search for a big roach.

At The Waters Edge programme Thursday November 9 th @ 1930 and Saturday November 11 th @ 0600 Martin meets up with John Conway who talks about starting life as an angler fishing the ponds around Accrington, then moving onto the fly fishing and eventually chasing chub on the river Ribble.

At The Waters Edge programme Thursday November 16 th @ 1930 and Saturday November 18 th @ 0600 Martin travel to Liverpool where he visits Harrison’s Advanced rods and talks to Dr Stephen Harrison and some of the staff who build quality fishing rods in the Liverpool factory.

At The Waters Edge programme Thursday November 23 rd @ 1930 and Saturday November 25 th @ 0600 Martin visits Lostock Tackle Box near Preston and talks with some of the customers including some boys and girls who are successful in competitions

Regards,

Martin

I contacted Martin James when I first decided to take up angling a couple of months ago, looking for advice on local angling clubs etc. I was struggling to get the info I needed as I don't know anyone else who fishes.

What a real gent he is. He not only gave me loads of good advice to get me started, but is taking me out on the River Ribble to try and get me my first chub, as soon as his schedule allows.

For anyone who hasn't tuned in before - his programmes are excellent.

Janet