Fishing in Norway

WALCOTT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to the South west at the end of May/June next year to Sotra..any advice?help to make the trip please if poss.

Hi Walcott, we went to a fjord 50k north of Bergen last year, fantastic place, we went in August was real weird it only getting dull at night and not dark. Fishing wise we had cod, haddock, coalfish, whiting, sea trout, dabs, herring, ling and an angler fish. Most of the fishing was done on the drift using an uptider or 12lb class gear with leadheads up to about 8oz with bright coloured shads, these scored heavily for cod which we took up to 17lb, but take plenty because losses can be heavy in certain venues and buying stuff out there will cost you an absolute fortune. You can also try the deeper marks with pirks, we did try this but reeling from 5-600 feet knackers you out. We used braid 30lb and 50 on the heavier gear, the reels were all loaded with 500 yards which is nice and cheap at www.braid-direct.co.uk We had the dabs one night at the end of a small fjord with a black sand bottom, these took thin strips of coalfish on a flowing trace. The other thing i would recommend is spinning gear, the most fun i had was flicking out a small sandeel type lure from outside the apartments we were staying in. Here i had whiting, codling, coalfish and haddock all within about 50yards of the shore.

Dont be fooled into thinking you will be catching 50lb+ cod, you have to travel well north and into the arctic circle to be amonst the really big lunkers, but you can also add £500+ to your holiday.

The southern side of Norway is a great place to fish but booze is bloody dear with a case of 24 cans costing 50 quid !! so stock up on duty free. You will definately enjoy it though.

If you need any more info feel free to email me.

Edited by back-lash

Guest challenge
Walcott have they got wheelchair accsess over there fancy a shot at a big lunka :):thumbs:

I would love to go just for the mountains and fjords... :sun:

I have not found a place in the world yet where we have not made it wheel chair friendly. :):)

Get a grip, you and nipper always thinking discount. :wallbash:

I would love to go just for the mountains and fjords... :sun:

I have not found a place in the world yet where we have not made it wheel chair friendly. :):)

Get a grip, you and nipper always thinking discount. :wallbash:

Will you leave my mate alone he has just beaten me with the rod again we have been up at our peters clearing roach out of his pond size 22 hook with a single pinky on good fun. :lol::lol:

Guest challenge
Will you leave my mate alone he has just beaten me with the rod again we have been up at our peters clearing roach out of his pond size 22 hook with a single pinky on good fun. :lol::lol:

It’s come to that has it? :lol:

You me and nipper and a couple of ice bergs. I can picture it now.

The problem I think we might come across in the silence of the Norway deeps is that I believe you get one hell of an echo. :headhurt::schmoll:

Good Luck Graham, I'm looking forward to you breaking the 33lb barrier. Keep in touch. ;)

Hi John, nice catch of bass (Love these pics of gutted/filleted fish.) What was their average weight?

PS I am one of those sea anglers who target edible fish and, like the commercials, practice C&R with the discards!

Safety habits last a lifetime.

It’s come to that has it? :lol:

You me and nipper and a couple of ice bergs. I can picture it now.

The problem I think we might come across in the silence of the Norway deeps is that I believe you get one hell of an echo. :headhurt::schmoll:

made a mess of that john

sounds good to me not sure nipper will come if you keep having a go at him. :lol:

do they get crabs out there . :lol: