Buying a Ocean Prowler 13 angling kayak

bluenose81huskys

Hi All, Im new to this website and am thinming of buying a new prowler 13 angler, can any one reccomend this please and tell me more about it and will it be stable enough to take my 4 yr old son for spin on it if its calm. I live in Arbroath in Scotland.

What also will I need to buy as well as the kayak.

Many thanks

Richie

Hi All, Im new to this website and am thinming of buying a new prowler 13 angler, can any one reccomend this please and tell me more about it and will it be stable enough to take my 4 yr old son for spin on it if its calm. I live in Arbroath in Scotland.

Many thanks

Richie

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=68016

have a look at this (not very helpful) thread to see the many other costs involved with buying a yak!

I have a prowler and cant reccomend it enough, but i wouldnt want anyone else on it with me. I dare say its stable enough if your lad sits VERY VERY still, why not check out the malibu 2 here

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/KayakMalibu.html

I'm sure there will be lots more answers to your question to follow and good luck!

Jon

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

Many thanks

Richie

Welcome.

The Prowler is a great boat and very stable. It might be a bit big for a 4 year old to paddle on their own but I have taken my 6 year old daughter out for trips on the estuary with her sat between my knees with her own paddle. She loves it. When she gets tired we just clip the paddle to the side of the yak and she has a rest.

I feel a little Dejavue,

Prowler 13 excellent kayak, no problem with carrying your son unless your 18 stone+ he can go in the tankwell or between your legs. Remove the bungee if he's in the tankwell, ensure that he wears a lifejacket not a PFD, this will turn him face up in the water and keep his face up high, they also have a strap between the legs to ensure the little fella doesn't fall out of the jacket.

My kids have been in the Caper with no problem as well as the Prowler 13.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I have a Prowler 15. I take my 2 year old or 4 year old between my legs on the river and they are fine. We have the use of Frenzy's too and take them out in that was on those as well. I could comfortably and happily take them both between my legs on my prowler on the rivers without further thought.

I haven't taken either of the children on the sea, nor have I used mine on the sea much yet. I have no need to take them on the sea here (I'd be fishing if I was out there) but on a flat day I would foresee no problem at all and would be happy to take them out. I am thinking to take the yak to Brittany next year when I go and will take the kids on the sea for a tour there.

DSCF0344.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

They love it.

Edited by Mark Crame

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I have a Prowler 15. I am thinking to take the yak to Brittany next year when I go and will take the kids on the sea

They love it.

ah yes Mark but do they love it as much as you :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Thanks all, I will be getting one at the end of my next trip offshore, Thanks for the photos mark they tell me my question about having my son on in a oner on a nice clear flat day.

Thanks to all!!

I have a Prowler 15. I take my 2 year old or 4 year old between my legs on the river and they are fine. We have the use of Frenzy's too and take them out in that was on those as well. I could comfortably and happily take them both between my legs on my prowler on the rivers without further thought.

I haven't taken either of the children on the sea, nor have I used mine on the sea much yet. I have no need to take them on the sea here (I'd be fishing if I was out there) but on a flat day I would foresee no problem at all and would be happy to take them out. I am thinking to take the yak to Brittany next year when I go and will take the kids on the sea for a tour there.

DSCF0344.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

They love it.

ah yes Mark but do they love it as much as you :rolleyes:

Hi Richie,

I have a Prowler 13 Angler and I fish out of Aberdeen. I've had my kids out in it when its been flat as a witches flat thing, no problem at all. Just sitting in my lap as they didn't want to fish so it was just a paddle around the harbour, at Cove. My kids were 7 and 9 when I did this, one a time I hasten to add.

Hi Richie,

I have a Prowler 13 Angler and I fish out of Aberdeen. I've had my kids out in it when its been flat as a witches flat thing, no problem at all. Just sitting in my lap as they didn't want to fish so it was just a paddle around the harbour, at Cove. My kids were 7 and 9 when I did this, one a time I hasten to add.

Great news Spanner, I cant wait to get this thing to start some fishing on. Will be getting in december sometime. Do you think its gonna come down in price cause of the new model they have built??

Im in the process now of looking for paddles, lifejackets, boat rod, fish finder for me and little man so should be fun!! Cant wait to get out in Arnroath harbour in it on a nice day with him going for a spin.

Richie

I feel a little Dejavue,

Prowler 13 excellent kayak, no problem with carrying your son unless your 18 stone+ he can go in the tankwell or between your legs. Remove the bungee if he's in the tankwell, ensure that he wears a lifejacket not a PFD, this will turn him face up in the water and keep his face up high, they also have a strap between the legs to ensure the little fella doesn't fall out of the jacket.

My kids have been in the Caper with no problem as well as the Prowler 13.

SM :)

DEjavue it is marvin, ha ha!! :)