Passport question (USA) ?

RobStubbs

I'm off to Florida later next year and wanted to know if anyone knew the UK passport situation, with regards biometric passports. My passport is computer readable but too old for the biometric chip. It doesn't expire for quite a few years but will I need to replace it early or is there a relatively easy way around it ? I gather somethings meant to be changing at the start of next year, hence the question.

Thanks,

Rob.

you can still use it until it expires however you probably will spend quite a long time getting through us customs

they can be a bit over the top .

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

you can still use it until it expires however you probably will spend quite a long time getting through us customs

Yep I know what you mean, but immigration will be like that anyway. I just wanted to double check the rules weren't meant to be changing early next year. I guess I'll just double check nearer the time.

Cheers,

Rob.

OI OI,

They can never be over the top after what they have been through, it's called security sadly somthing the U.K. have no compehention of.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

They can never be over the top after what they have been through, it's called security sadly somthing the U.K. have no compehention of.

Err the US can be more than a bit prone to over reaction. I think you'll also find the UK has had just a bit of terrorist trouble over the years, so we do have a bit of comprehension of it ...

Rob.

OI OI,

there's security and there SECURITY i think that 12 Hours spent in us customs/immigration are a bit over the top especially when i was going to a funeral the next afternoon then retuning the same night.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Last time I went the guy said "look in to the lens" , it read my eyes and all I had to do after that was look into another screen.

Coming back there was no security check at all.....best bit was the small group of turban heads pushing gran in a wheelchair who were all ushered through with no checks, even "anything to declare" I bet the wheelchair was loaded :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Hiya, re security....not a problem with me how long it takes...they are looking after me...:):)

BUT....

Myself and the wife flew down to East Midlands last weekend from Edinburgh....went through Edinburgh security on Friday night in seconds...on returning on Sunday evening from East Midlands, the queue took almost 3/4 an hour to be dealt with....then the wifes bag was searched, as she had toothpaste in it, which was in there when we went through at Edinburgh!! Now, THAT I dont understand....because of the bag search, I was searched too, and shoes off...same shoes I wore coming down...trainers..

Can anyone tell me why different airports in the same country, deal with security so differently???? Surely they have a "code" that they adhere too...

I have also travelled to the US on a few occasions, where security took forever, going, and returning..., but its def not a problem at all :):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/