what happened

chesters1

billy5000 and i had a few hours fishing at stokes bay (near pompey) .not having been there for 10-15years i plumped for good parking and toilets (for the sake of spouses ,kids etc) being there first i set up straight infront of the car park where billy could find us .the tide was a couple of hours from high and i new from my last visit that both a sewerage pipe and a small river??? emptied there ,on my last visit there was a landing ramp ,this was strangly missing :confused: but i carried on regardless.

having just aquired a Intrepid carbon Seastreak i was in a hurry to play with it ,i had played with its forbear in the sixties but had always failed to avoid birdsnests :( so went back to fixed spools.

i set the cast control to "6" and gave a gentle lob

,no birdsnest but not a great distance ,so i retrieved and set it to "4" and gave a great lob :) you guessed it ,i could see it forming but it was to late and the line parted at the reel :( .

i got the elderly diawa fixed spool from my box and carried on ,first cast and i hooked my old line and i landed my old tackle :) .

billie arrived and we carried on ,me recalling that the water was at least 10 feet deep at our feet etc.

anyway to cut a story short i caught a crab and billy caught a cockle (NOT foulhooked :D ) whether i had a bite i cannot say ,the elderly D.A.M. rods tip was all over the place and the water was dead flat :(

the tide receeded and to my horror i realised there was only a couple of feet of it :confused: the once clear outfall was filled with stones and the beach conciderably higher ,its a wonder i caught a crab.

the moral of the story is to go at LOW tide first 10 years is a long time,i blame billy for everything

cant wait to find an Intrepid beachcaster ,i may get my Cresta off the shelf to pair it up as the dam rod is a multiplyer version

[ 04. November 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson