never been so pleased with a lure

Andy_1984

went out and bought £30 worth of lures on sunday Big S, fox bucktail spinner, abu high low jerk bait, some little battery ones that flash when you jerk them and my favorite a 4 jointed herring imitation that they call 4Play from prologic savage

PP1-320.jpg

i bought the perch pattern one and headed off to the canal to test it and see it in action. its the best imitation of a fish ive seen yet straight retrieve is good but as you know you need to jerk it off a bit and on my canal where it is currently next to impossible to get a bite on lures i got 2 hits but never fully connected and this is saying a hell of a lot for my stretch of canal where you can do an all out pike campaign and not catch a thing

just thought id share

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, when Davy was throwing his 4Play around the other day, I was very impressed with the action and the build quality. Not bad for a tenner I reckon. I've seen a lot of swimming action baits and some of them are extortionate and they don't do anything any more exciting than the 4Plays.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I have to admit, when Davy was throwing his 4Play around the other day, I was very impressed with the action and the build quality. Not bad for a tenner I reckon. I've seen a lot of swimming action baits and some of them are extortionate and they don't do anything any more exciting than the 4Plays.

straight retrieve is nothing special its when you put a bit of thought in to playing with it like if you jerk it aggressively it looks like a fish thats going belly up but still fighting hard as though its swim bladders gone

I actually wanted one of their "Free styler" top water lures to try but they sent the 4 Play by mistake.Normally I use rubber swimbaits such as the Storm Kickin Minnow if I want that sort of action so wasnt to interested! Be interesting to see if it does actually produce well for you guys who have them.I say that as Ive had some "great looking action" baits that have simply failed to produce! The Burmek B1 being a prime example,great action but I nor anyone I know have caught on one!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I actually wanted one of their "Free styler" top water lures to try but they sent the 4 Play by mistake.Normally I use rubber swimbaits such as the Storm Kickin Minnow if I want that sort of action so wasnt to interested! Be interesting to see if it does actually produce well for you guys who have them.I say that as Ive had some "great looking action" baits that have simply failed to produce! The Burmek B1 being a prime example,great action but I nor anyone I know have caught on one!

ill let you know how i get on with it but testing it on my canal and getting 2 hits is a great indication that the lure works because "everything" i have thrown at it has never caught except my little storm shad.

The Burmek B1 looks like it's been made with wrongly matching parts. Very odd looking lure.

504048.jpg

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...