Winter gear arrived today

GB

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanner Im the worlds biggest Gortex fan having tried just about everything else for the mountains and always endng back at the damn stuff. My credit card still bears the scars but (did you feel that coming) unless they have done something to the fabric Gortex and salt water aren't normally good bedfellows. Things might have changed but it may be worth checking its long term suitability before spending the dosh.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Gore-tex drysuits use a certain type of gore-tex suitable for saltwater use. I think their Gore-tex Immersion material was initially developed for military use.

Like the rest of our gear they need washing with freshwater after use and cleaned when needed.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

darnsarf,

I know what you mean. When it first came out salt crystals caused problems with it, but it is totally different now. All the top sailing gear manufacturers, Musto, Henri-LLoyd, Gill etc, use goretex fabric specifally designed for salt water use. Its used by top ocean racers, olympic dinghy racers, and if its good enough for Ellen Mcarthur to live in for 90 days I'm sure its good enough for me :)

Fair Doos! Does this mean you intend to paddle round the world single handed :lol:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Fair Doos! Does this mean you intend to paddle round the world single handed :lol:

Now that's just silly darnsarf. He would have to do it two handed to get the proper effect from his paddle :D:D

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I