Mustad Viking Lite 116

Tony U

In my efforts to fish much lighter when general sea fishing, I have just purchased on of these rods.

Looking at it straight out of the bag it looks to be excellent casts 2-4 oz ringed for multiplier use complete with coasters.

I plan to give it a bash off Gillingham pier this weekend and see how it compares to my Tip Tornado Match.

Anyone else use or have used one of these rods?

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tony U:

In my efforts to fish much lighter when general sea fishing, I have just purchased on of these rods.

Looking at it straight out of the bag it looks to be excellent casts 2-4 oz ringed for multiplier use complete with coasters.

I plan to give it a bash off Gillingham pier this weekend and see how it compares to my Tip Tornado Match.

Anyone else use or have used one of these rods?

:cool: I've reviewed the Mustad Multi-tip and the bass rod, good bits of kit and real value for money. :D

I will put something on this thead about the rod's performance, when I have used it in anger on Sunday.

I've got young Matt, a fellow of the Medway Mullet club joining me so it should be fun I don't think we will be fishing for Mullet though.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Well I used it for the first time and caught a few pouting on it.

The rod has a strange action due to the rolled in Fibreglass tip, which makes it feel very quiver tip like; though it gives the rod very good bite detection abilities.

It is not a distance tool, but its not intended to be, nor would not cope with a big sea; but for fishing sheltered bays estuaries and the like it is excellent.

When playing small pouting you could feel fish pulling and all of their movementand this makes a change from some of my other beachcasters where you are lucky to realise you have a fish on.

All in all I would give it 7 out of 10, it would be interesting to do a field test in order tocompare it to the Tip Tornado Ultralight and the Greys BZE or even the Shakespeare Odessa or Powerplay Bass; any manufacturers listening?

[ 16. May 2005, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony