Winter Crime Wave

Guest long-trotter

I sorta liked the first batch better. Ah well.

I have to wonder about the BBC's reporting though.

A gang of armed robbers have been jailed for life

Jamaican national Lincoln, 18, from Barking, and Rwandan Majera, 22, from nearby Dagenham were ordered to each serve seven years.

Portuguese national Frota, 19, also from Barking, must serve six years and three months.

Frota's older brother Luis, 22, escaped a life sentence and was handed a four-and-a-half year term for his lesser role.

Judge Witold Pawlak told Lincoln, Majera and Pedro Frota they must serve a minimum of seven years before they could be considered for parole.

- Where are the 'life' sentences?

- How could the ones given seven year sentences have to serve seven years before being considered for parole?

- Did the reporter who wrote this have his head stuck someplace strange?

- Did the editor who proof read the piece have a head .... nope, won't go there.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I sorta liked the first batch better. Ah well.

I have to wonder about the BBC's reporting though.

- Where are the 'life' sentences?

- How could the ones given seven year sentences have to serve seven years before being considered for parole?

I wondered about those things!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

They were jailed for 'life' but with minimum terms..... :(

Contrast that with the OAP who has been jailed for 32 days for not paying his council tax and must serve the full term.

Justice Uk style!!!

And when he gets out, he STILL has to pay the Council Tax or can be sent back again. :angry:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Guest long-trotter

All four defendants, who have previous convictions, face deportation after their sentences have been served.

should have been deported sooner <_<