Penn 525

glennk

My 525 is squeaking a lot and now it grinds when I wind in - although It still retrieves fish pretty well. I'm guessing the handle bearing has gone. That's if it has one ?. Is anyone familiar with the workings of this real ? could you point me in the direction of a parts diagram and a retailer dealing in Penn spares.

Cheers - Glenn

glen ,,phone penn cusomer service ,, they are a bit hit & miss at times but if you get the right person on the other end,, bingo ,, tip though mate allways keep the box & instructions ,, it will come in handy at some time .........

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

glenn don't mess about try any of these contacts below. Nigel will either sort you out with a schematic if you are confident sorting it youself or send it to him he will probaly sort it for you and get it back to you quicker than you can get the parts from Penn and it will almost certainly cost you less than £15 he will do a service on a multi for £9.95 plus parts plus postage.

Used to think why does anyone need someone else to service/fix their reels until after Nigel tried to find a schematic for an obscure import Diawa, he said send it to me i'll see what i can do. i sent it and sure enough 3 weeks later he had sourced the parts and fixed it for me at a cost of £22 incl. postage

If you don't get anything but total stisfaction from him then I'll pay for the repair and though I have dealt with him i have never met the bloke, but would vouch for his integrety anytime.

The Reel Doctor

Reel Repairs

Nigel Frith, NjF Reel Repairs,

16 Keswick Avenue,

Sittingbourne,

Kent.

ME10 3AU.

Telephone: 01795 471697.

Mobile 07990 944291.

reelrepairs=nigel@lycos.com

or reelrepairs@lycos.com

http://www.thereeldoctor.co.uk/first.html

Edited by chappers

Cheers MWW,

Ill have a quick look to see if its anything obvious. If im still having trouble ill pass it on at the Whitby Open ? or when were passing to go to Morrisons.

Think Im gonna buy another too.

Cheers - Glenn

Edited by glennk

Seems to be some sort of roller bearing sits inside the side plate which the handle post then goes through. This appears rusty. I've give it a good clean out and maybe this will sort it ?

Part 98B on the parts diagram

Edited by glennk