Redmire Pool Trip

Mark Quinney

Alas the Redmire ghosts managed to avoid my baits, but it was an absolute pleasure to fish where many greats have fished and indeed where many, many superb fish have been caught. The place has an ambience and an atmosphere like no others. I will give it one more try next year if I can get on and then just hold on to the memory.....

Reading this thread has made me feel rather sad. I am now 71 and remember reading about Redmire and Richard Walkers capture of the then amazing 44lb carp record with awe. It has always held a bit of magic for me although I have never been there. Ah well, times change.

I wish the best of luck to any one fishing there but for me anyway the magic has gone.

Cheers all

Bill