MRSA Claims

Elton

I suppose thinking about it, if we had no Private medical health care in this country then the NHS might be better off

Undoubtedly, but as I've pointed out before on here, the medical profession were quite prepared in 1948 to boycott the introduction of the NHS in the first place, unless they were given a promise that their private practices could be retained. "Stuffing their mouths with gold", Bevan called it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/events/nhs_at_5...port/119803.stm

I don't want to get to involved with this topic, But I have friends in their 70's, and they are paying over £4000 per year for Private health. And it excludes quite a number of fairly common problems.

Also to bear in mind, is that the support and backup staff in the various departments of a large hospital can number more than 50 persons per patient. All these have to be paid and provided with the latest expensive equipment.

Always amazes me that people are very willing to critisise the NHS and "go private", but ask them to pay an increase in tax to fund the NHS and they scream blue murder.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic