box budget

raz2003

Could a moderator move this post to the main board please ?

This guy looks angry enough without having to ask him to try where it would be appropriate !

(edit note - moved from session carp fishing to here where more folks will see it).

[ 15. January 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Not to sure why you have added the angry face to your post but I am assuming that you have just hit the wrong button!.

Anyway for what it is worth what I did was add an octoplus mainframe to one of my Shakespeare plasic boxes and that works well for me and at a fraction of the price point that you are looking at.

I have looked at a great many of the newstyle wooden boxes and quite honestly I fail to see what possible advantage they give other than a couple of drawers and quite honestly the price of them is utterly insane!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Guest pholt_uk

There are a number of options for a box in this price range. There's a much greater range of boxes well out of this price range though and as Alan says some of the prices are ridiculous.

Rive are doing a new system which comes as a small box with Octoplus for a reasonably low price. The Matchbox systems are also similar. Both are designed such that you can add extra trays and accessoires as you need/can afford them and both systems are excellent quality and will see you well in the tackle tart crowd :D .

This is probably your best option if you want something fancy or you could attach an ocotplus sytem to a regular Daiwa or Shakespear box. This being the cheapest option.

I've also heard good things about Little Gem boxes and these retail for about £99 and are a complete box system with a number of trays.

Your best bet is to get a match fishing orientated magazine and you will see just how many there are out there and get a good idea of prices.

Paul

raz2003:

hi all i am looking into buying a good box with oxtopluse legs  and side tray could you recomend any good boxes for around £120.   :mad:  

I have a large Black Diawa box with 2 cip on trays, 2 internal trays, V.Large G/Bait tray, strap and cushion (without legs though!! - They are approx £36), ALL yours for £30, Interested??

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I would take up the option of a good second hand box - cheap and add to that

Octoplus XL mainframe - will give you mud feet

and have a look around a few tackle shops for "octoplus fit" accessories . .

I saw the below in leeds the other week - 100's of em

spray bar (UPS)

out rigger

aluminium bait tray

ground bait bowl and arm

keepnet arm

umberella arm

all for 29.99

this will set you well on your way . .

I have spent over 400 quid on accessories and my box . . . and most of the time I stand up on the rivers and give myself a hernea carrying it all :rolleyes:

but on a still water it is a different case . . especially if I am near the car

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Have to agree with the guys above:-

Team Daiwa Moulded Seatbox approx £40.00

Team daiwa Internal Tackebox £15.00

Seatbox Cushion £6.00

Octoplus XL Mainframe £36.00

plus a few Octoplus fittings for rod rests etc.

If you can't get all your gear in one of those you've got too much!

Price comes in well under your budget. If you ask around a few tackle shops they'll probably put it all together for you, and you might get a bit knocked off or a few freebies thrown in.

Have a look at Billy Clarke's website for prices mentioned above.

[ 18. January 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Wag ]

Where's the 'ANY' key?

Raz I have a Shakespeare box with octoplus and extra trays and the box inside and am looking to sell it!! I am afraid that it is a bit cheaper than £120 though!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Might you be interested?? :D:D:D

Chris

[ 18. January 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Chris Goddard ]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))