Centre pin Reels

medwaygreen

Hi Guys,

Just purchased an Allcocks centre pin 3.5 inch,not in bad condition,very free running,but with a very slight wobble.Does anyone know if you can have this corrected like say wheel balancing for a car if so any contacts or info.There is also some paint loss would it be ok to strip,prime and spray oneshelf.

[ 25. August 2004, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: medwaygreen ]

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Quickfit could re balance it for you!

Be honest, does the slight wobble effect your angling?

It's your reel, if you want to paint it then off you go! Halfords do a good range of paint sprays. If it were mine I think I'd tart it up to something like new. Others prefer to have their tackle looking well used, even if it isn't!!

Thank you guys :)

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

In case these things bother you tarting up your new acquisition will probably reduce its potential resale value, but if like me, using the darned thing is more important to you than investment value go ahead and 'tart' away.

{2008 Editor's Note: to view centrepin reels for sale, please click here}

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates