2 seater kayak

Grandma

Are there any 2 seater kayaks designed for fishing that are any good? I think there used to be a 2 seater version of the prowler that's been discontinued?

Thanks.

Don't know about designed for fishing, but my Bic Tobago (the big blue one in the pic) is very roomy, fast and stable, and could easily be rigged for fishing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/maidstonemike/Tobago02

12ft 11 inches long, weight 32kgs, 32inches wide, and foam filled so unsinkable. You can fit Bic angling seats with rodholders built in.

Very thick and comfy. With two reasonable paddlers, she flies! £399 on e-bay, plus paddles etc.

There is a long child seat in the middle, and a round one in the bow. That one can be converted for storage if you need it. The middle seat is ideal for strapping a tackle box etc. on. So stable I can stand up in it no problem. The two seaters are very quick, great for safety.

Edited by maidstonemike

Ocean Kayak Malibu II and II XL are both 2/3 seaters that are usable on your own, if your likely to fish more alone than 2 up then the Malibu II would be the better choice as it's that bit smaller and lighter.

The Malibu II XL on the other hand is much easier to rig out for fishing with plenty of room for rod holders. There is also the Tarpon 130T which would be worth a look at as well.

If all your fishing is likely to be two up then take a look at the Ocean Kayak Carbo and Zest, these are big yaks but have plenty of storage for longer trips.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Interesting what people think is "big" and "fast"!

12' 11" is shorter than a Prowler 13.

32" beam is very wide in the beam (my kaskazi Duo expedition/touring double is only 68cm - 26.75" and can carry nearly 300kgs).

32kgs !!! For a 12' boat - Goodness,heavens Above and other expletives that the moderators would remove - the Duo at 19' 10" only weighs that. A prowler 13 is about 28kgs rigged. That is the foam filling for you - fresh air keeps a kayak afloat just as effectively and it weighs next to nothing.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Interesting what people think is "big" and "fast"!

12' 11" is shorter than a Prowler 13.

32" beam is very wide in the beam (my kaskazi Duo expedition/touring double is only 68cm - 26.75" and can carry nearly 300kgs).

32kgs !!! For a 12' boat - Goodness,heavens Above and other expletives that the moderators would remove - the Duo at 19' 10" only weighs that. A prowler 13 is about 28kgs rigged. That is the foam filling for you - fresh air keeps a kayak afloat just as effectively and it weighs next to nothing.

Well there you go. I though this forum was better than the sea angling one, no nasty people, but you proved me wrong Simon. Your comments are sarcastic and nasty, probably your mindset. You of course sound like a world expert, so yes, the Tobago is small and slow. The foam of course stops it sinking if it's holed, unlike fresh air, which will be replaced with water, and sink. But what do I know!

32kg for a 12 ft boat. When was 12ft 11ins 12 ft? Isn't that just one inch short of 13ft?

It would seem some people don't want to just enjoy friendly debate, but have to prove something, usually, that they know more than anyone else, and delight in ridicule.

Now, next job is to remove this site from my bookmarks, and never return. Satisfied Simon?

Now you can just swap messages with other experts, have fun, you deserve each other.

I'm not sad enough just yet to need to belong to a forum like this.

Ta ta :thumbs:

OOOOOOOO! Sorry if you see it like that. I thought I was just making straightforward comparisons.

Bulkheads of course ensure that water doesn't fill a kayak and let it sink.....maybe I should have made it clearer - because an inner tube filled with air placed in the hatch does the same job.

I am quite happy to be criticised or corrected for anything I say. I didn't think I was being nasty - sarcastic yes - I always am! You should have heard what i was saying to the Customs man who arrested us.....

"don't look in there!"

"Oh yes, sir, and why not?"

"I think I have got a packet of gaviscon - and Kathleen has got some neurofen...."

"You're not taking this very seriously are you sir?"

"Nope. Two raids and arrests in four hours is beyond a joke. Have you got your doggy with you? The French customs man had a nice little black labrador.."

There were 2 helicopters hovering overhead. The girls had been arrested, their cars impounded and mobiles taken off them. Seperated and locked in seperate police cars - 6 police cars sealng off the marina. A customs cutter and a customs raiding RIB.....no, I wasn't taking it seriously - they didn't think it very funny when I told them we were just the decoy....!!!!

So, Maidstonemike, don't take thigs so personally - I just have a go at the world in general.....get some broader shoulders and lose that chip!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

:yeah: had forgotten that story from the pike trip!! Anyway its off out for Sunday lunch soon and some broccol 'eye' :lol:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::clap3:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph