And now for something completly different

seaside

Well, actually, NO

British, German and Swedish ministers travelled to the annual fish talks in Brussels last week prepared to curb the number of days fishermen will be allowed to spend at sea catching the endangered North Sea cod by 15 per cent.

They then discovered that European Fisheries Commissioner Joe Borg had made a tactical blunder.

In a back-room deal, he had given the hugely destructive Dutch beam trawl fleet a reduction in their days at sea next year of just eight per cent. His reason: he wants the Dutch to sign up to a flatfish recovery plan intended to bring back the equally endangered North Sea plaice.

So ministers realised, in astonishment, that they all had to ask for a reduction of eight per cent – and not 15 per cent – or the fishermen back home would cut up rough.

Charles Clover, environment editor of the Euro-sceptic Daily Telegraph wrote: “This is the way we do fish conservation in Europe – or rather why it doesn’t happen. If something has to give, it is always the fish.”

From the Malta Independent http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=43894

Sempre i pesci, siempre los pescados, immer die Fische, toujours les poissons, altijd de vissen

If I got any of them wrong, neither the fish nor I care.

Plaice recovery programme. That explains how I caught my first ever plaice in last Wednesday's match. As a low impact, eco friendly angler I returned the undersized fish alive and well to continue his life on a beach near Filey. The fish was caught on low impact sustainable lugworm. I don't think I damaged any special sea weeds whilst digging them. If the University of Hulkl wishes to waste any more of the tax payers money they can come see me dig them every week from now until March.

Plaice recovery programme. That explains how I caught my first ever plaice in last Wednesday's match. As a low impact, eco friendly angler I returned the undersized fish alive and well to continue his life on a beach near Filey. The fish was caught on low impact sustainable lugworm. I don't think I damaged any special sea weeds whilst digging them. If the University of Hulkl wishes to waste any more of the tax payers money they can come see me dig them every week from now until March.

did you tag it?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..