The best NON FREE Anti Virus

Cranfield

Si's comments on the "best free anti virus" thread made me think.

I have AVG Free anti virus , Sygate free Personal Firewall, plus some anti spyware software that I have paid for.

On my PC I have a lot of financial information that I would not like anyone to get hold of and perhaps I should have the best anti virus/hacker protection possible.

What is the best out there and what combination should you have ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

If you really want to be safe then the solution is not really about buying software.

To make yourself as safe as you can be whilst still connecting to the internet:

use a hardware firewall (either a router with a built in hardware firewall, or a dedicated PC with something like smoothwall)

use proper secure passwords (regularly changed, combination of upper and lowercase letters numbers and if allowed non alpha numeric characters, don't use words found in dictionaries!, different passwords for each account)

delete all private data after each online session

Shut down PC whilst not using it

Use non-microsoft Operating system, Browser, Mail Client (most nasties target MS 'cos most folks are using it!)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?