Southbourne Rough Christmas Crab Feast

richi

Me and Darnsarf fished Southbourne Rough today.Launched from Durley Chine at first light and paddled to the mark(4 1/2 miles-next time launch at the ramp at Southbourne :wallbash: ).The mark was littered with lobster pot bouys and soon after securing to a bouy each Darnsarf reeled in a monster pout :clap: .We thought we were in for a good session but that was the only fish caught.I managed to feed a box and a half of squid to the crabs and at one stage almost hooked a seagull but in the end blanked :wallbash: ,but it was a real pleasure to spend the day on the water. :thumbs: So much so that we stopped off at the bait shop on the way home to get fresh bait should tomorrow be fishable!!! :clap2::clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

9 mile round trip for a Pout :o Still enjoyed thou :D

Thought the paddle back against the tide and wind was never going to end. Just for good measure the surf decided that, although I had technically landed, it would pop up a big one, pick me up and dump me another 20m up the beach. Unfortunately with one leg out I didnt stand much of a chance but it was good to provide the entertainment for the onlookers. Where did they all come from?

Great session really. :rolleyes:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

9 mile round trip for a Pout :o Still enjoyed thou :D

Thought the paddle back against the tide and wind was never going to end. Just for good measure the surf decided that, although I had technically landed, it would pop up a big one, pick me up and dump me another 20m up the beach. Unfortunately with one leg out I didnt stand much of a chance but it was good to provide the entertainment for the onlookers. Where did they all come from?

Great session really. :rolleyes:

Have you seen the weather DS? not looking too bad at all for tomorrow---got the gear drying out :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Which site are you looking at, the magic mushroom one. :rolleyes:

To bad for Kimmeridge but how about Southampton Water up to 1600 high?

Go from Hythe Marina to Dibden Bay.

Which site are you looking at, the magic mushroom one. :rolleyes:

To bad for Kimmeridge but how about Southampton Water up to 1600 high?

Go from Hythe Marina to Dibden Bay.

no the magics---k weed one :D

what time do we want to meet at hythe? :rolleyes:

Bell's tackle Hythe opens at 9, I think ;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Bad luck today boys but at least you were out fishing. Hope you have a better day tomorrow :thumbs: the forecast for up here is looking half decent, so might be tempted to go somewhere myself.

Stu. :)

Note to self; Don't bother risking a black eye to collect a few Pubes. Not worth it, looks like they only attract CRABS!!!!!!!

Note to self; Don't bother risking a black eye to collect a few Pubes. Not worth it, looks like they only attract CRABS!!!!!!!

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Nifty you are going to go to hell for that one!! :D

Richi, need to go to Mannings Tackle first thing so probably not before 11 is that OK?

Nifty you are going to go to hell for that one!! :D

Richi, need to go to Mannings Tackle first thing so probably not before 11 is that OK?

See you at the Marina at 11 then mate :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5