Fishing Fridau tips please

Sled2004

Far more important than that is to find the fish. I'm fishing tomorrow for a couple of nights and I'm planning on fishing into the wind. I'll have a look for fish but they don't tend to show too much at this time of year so I'll be hoping the mild but strong wind stirs them up a bit.

Rob.

Far more important than that is to find the fish. I'm fishing tomorrow for a couple of nights and I'm planning on fishing into the wind. I'll have a look for fish but they don't tend to show too much at this time of year so I'll be hoping the mild but strong wind stirs them up a bit.

Rob.

i agree with rob find the fish ! in our lake its easy as its only 40 or so feet wide and one and a half acre long

the fish tend to go near the trees. to feed. i use bread or pellets on method.. as long as its mild the fish feed. we fished thursday and did well.. 3 carp to 8lbs we off sunday to ockendon lake. one thing not tried is to bait up the area with ground bait couple of days before fishing. one reason i not done this was because i tend to move my bait a lot. recasting every 15 to 20 minute with two rods and change the bait regular too. weird baits are not a good idea.. ie banana in winter. bread is always a good staple bait. yu always catch something. on it,. but as a summer bait beware unless fishing on the surface..

Well I don't know if you went out Fri or not, I did but as you can see I got home early - thanks to the weather. It went something like;

Arrive mid morning Fri, take gear to swim, cue rain

Rain carries on until the fourth rod is out then it stops <me soaked :( >

Fri night rods blown over twice. Wind swings around and rods bleep all night despite turning sensitivity right down.

Sat morning - Wind slows down through day. I check weather forecast and they forecast winds of 40mph, gusting to 70 so I decide to call it a day.

Start packing up about 2pm in the dry when matey comes round for a chat. Cue rain :( Rain continues.....

Matey leaves just after 3pm <still raining> and it's now getting dark.

So I pack everything away and cart it back to the car.

Everything is soaking, including me, and I leave the lake about 4.30.

Half the house and the garage are now full of wet gear drying out.

Oh and I didn't see a fish jump all w/e never mind catch one :(

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs