Paddle Round the Pier Beach Festival: Charity Open Comp

underwaterimage

Afternoon all, as some of you know, Im one of the senior organisers for www.paddleroundthepier.com

This years event will raise money for the RNLI, Rockinghorse Appeal (childrens hospital) and Surfaid International. It will be over the full weekend of 7th & 8th July. This years event is themed as a beach festival and i have persuaded the organisers that us lot as anglers should be included.

My idea (still under progress and open to suggestions) is a fishing comp held in the evening of Saturday 7th here in Brighton. The angler pay's and entry donation of say £10 and also gets sponsored by friends and family. This is for a chance of winning the comp trophy.

For each additional £20 raised in sponsorship the angler recieves a raffle ticket for a chance to win prizes donated by the local shops and fishing tackle industry.

We use this format in the main paddle event and it works very well with twelve grands worth of prizes donated by surf and watersports shops and manufacturers.

So, i need a few things to make this work, listed below.

1)Contacts for shops and industry who would donate prizes. (in return for advertising). If a shop or manufacturer came up with some serious goods then they could even have this section of the weekend named after them.

2)Someone competent to help organise and run the event.

So if you can help with any of the above please email (sean@paddleroundthepier.com) or call me on 07917 410332

It would be great if we could all make this work, raise some donations and have a good laugh in the process.

Many thanks

Sean

Edited by underwaterimage

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need some more prize donations for this event. So please PM me if you have any contacts who you feel would like to support this event and raise some money for the three beneficiaries.

Thanks

Sean

Best regards

Sean Clark

Hi everyone,

Prize update:

The wonderful guys from World Sea Fishing are donating some great prizes to the event. Also Perception Kayaks in Uckfield have confirmed that they are giving us a brand spanking new fishing kayak to one lucky winner of the grand raffle!!!!

Further prize updates to follow.

Please PM or email me if you want more info.

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

Prize update:

I now have in my posession some great WSF fleeces, polo shirts, baseball caps and fleece beanies. We have also had £80 worth of pro made ready rigs to give away.

More info to follow soon.

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

Wher are you holding the comp?

Hello mate, the comp will be on the beach from Brighton's West Pier to the King Alfred on Saturday 7th July 6pm till midnight. Im still sorting details and hope to have something concrete as soon as the logos and other info is available. This is intended to be a very laid back affair and fun for everyone off all abilities. Im hoping that we will get enough prizes donated that every entrant will win something.

As a prize update a couple of rig makers have rang and said they will be donating gear.

Thanks for your interest

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

PRIZE UPDATE:

A fantastic gesture from the people at Penn. I now have here, two Penn 65 long beach reels and two 6'6"stand up rods. Superb brand spanking new kit ready for a couple of lucky winners.

Cheers

:thumbs:

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

PRIZE UPDATE:

A very generous codmaster has sent me 20 hand made rigs, and also a £20 gift voucher to use with his supplied catalogue. Great bloke to deal with. Check out www.codmasteranglingsupplies.co.uk to see the sort of kit on offer.

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

• 1 month later...

Here you go people. A photo of the star prize for the Paddle Round the Pier Charity Fishing Open. Location, date, time rules and comp card all sorted. Only the posters and flyers and sponsorship forms still in production.

post-5749-1175166118_thumb.jpg

Best regards

Sean Clark