River forecasts/status - - how?

lubemonkey

Hi,

Is there a website that I can check on the condition of rivers? Specifically the Medway and Beult?

I live and work in London, so I only tend to see the rivers when I get there for a session, which makes it a bit hit and miss. It would be nicer to plan the trips around the river conditions if possible!

Any help much appreciated,

Stu

Thanks for the help. The flood warning number is 0845 988 1188. By searching on the river name for flood warnings on the site, you can get a code for that river so that when you call the hotline you can go straight to the info for that area.

It's handy to know if there is a flood warning in place, but if there isn't then there is no further info - which I'd kind of expect.

I think I need to find someone who lives in the area and doesn't mind giving the odd river condition update when emailed!

Cheers,

Stu

I think I need to find someone who lives in the area and doesn't mind giving the odd river condition update when emailed!

I can do that! Just about to go for a walk on the Fordcombe stretch of the medway. Will let you know. Where about are you planning on going? Once you've done 15 posts, I can IM you on this site.

For the past two weeks between Fordcombe and Tonbridge it's been high and muddy, with quite a strong flow. Not many people fishing, though I sneaked a nice 4lb chub last Sunday morning!

Sounds promising - cheers!

The spots I can fish and would like to keep an eye on are the Medway at Wateringbury and the Beult at Hunton and Staplehurst.

I would primarily be piking, but might be tempted to try for chub - a fish I've never really targetted before - my personal best stands approx. 10oz!

Thanks,

Stu

Sounds promising - cheers!

The spots I can fish and would like to keep an eye on are the Medway at Wateringbury and the Beult at Hunton and Staplehurst.

I would primarily be piking, but might be tempted to try for chub - a fish I've never really targetted before - my personal best stands approx. 10oz!

Thanks,

Stu

Well I've just got back, and it's looking better than I thought it was going to.

About a foot down from last weekend and not as muddy. A few dry days in a row would be nice!

Don't often get as far downstream as Wateringbury, but I shouldn't think it'd be too different from around Tonbridge. Feel free to ask about the river whenever you're planning a trip.