shimano tribal

david t

david t,

I have the same jacket and agree with you that the jacket becomes waterlogged after a while, for the 1st year of wear the jacket does have effective water run off that isnt held by the micro fleece layer, and then it wears off. However, this is not a big fault with the jacket it is just quite simply that the waterproofing has stopped, this is a feature on many waterproofs, not just fishing jackets, i have a berghaus jacket that cost me £240, the same has happened on this. The solution is really quite simple, you need to treat the jacket with a waterproofing agent in spray form or otherwise, also when washing the jacket, you should use special waterproofing wash powder that does not remove the waterproofing.

Hope this helps.

If I bought a jacket for £240 - I shouldnt have to treat it differently to any other Item of clothing. Spay it? - Wash it differently?, It has to be dried a certain way!!

For £240 it should bloody well clean itself AND catch all the fish for me at that price!

"Pineapples are Evil"

"No really!, they are!!"

My fishing jacket for the past six years has been my old motorcycle jacket. Warm, waterproof, loads of pockets and just lasts. I guess being built to be chucked down the road helps with the longevity when the worst it sees nowadays is some mud.

As suggested, a reproof each year with a spray keeps it dry on the inside, and helps the water run off.

Stu