Cars

Andy_1984

Tell me this one.

Street lights, why have them running all night wasting fuel?????????????

Just think how much could be saved by switching off, after all we are encouraged to do it in our home to save energy.

I remember as a lad how dark the skys were, not now with all the town and road lighting on.

i to remember i could see the stars, but its a vague memory it was so long ago, living in a city most of my life i was woed the last time i went over night fishing in stirling, you could see nothing but stars and not an inch infront of your face

Problem is, you have to generate the electricity to make the hydrogen, and at the moment most of our electricity comes from burning oil, coal or gas. So back to square one regarding carbon emissions or fossil fuel shortages. If we could generate enough power using renewables (or if the Green lobby hadn't managed to cripple nuclear energy before the carbon bogeyman replaced the atomic bogeyman as threat du jour) it might make sense, but at the moment, burning oil to make hydrogen to fuel cars is pointless. Norway is currently experimenting with tax breaks for hydrogen powered cars, but they aren't even using electrolysis to get the hydrogen, they are getting it by cracking oil. Mad. Hydrogen isn't even a very good way of transporting energy, compared to petrol. It's difficult and inefficient to store, compared to a tank of petrol or diesel.

Personally, I think biofuels are the way forwards, though perhaps not using current agricultural technology. It would be nice to see sub-Saharan Africa earning with biofuels some of the kind of foreign currency flows that the Gulf oil states have been guzzling.

all great points but in the future i i think these will be more and more sustainable due to presure of global warming and such. who knows they could be perfected in the next 100 years, after all how unstable or unreliable were petrol, deisel cars back 100 years ago ( im not sure ) but i can imagine people thought it was a bit of an ecsentric idea back then and dismissed it as "it will never work"

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Tell me this one.

Street lights, why have them running all night wasting fuel?????????????

Just think how much could be saved by switching off, after all we are encouraged to do it in our home to save energy.

Yeah good question - but more to the point, why have them running in the daytime. When you next visit your town next time, just look around and see what lights and stuff could be turned off, even in some shops.

Yogi. :thumbs:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

Guest sandpipper
Well I'm not bothered about cars in the distant future cos within the next couple of weeks I'll be driving a brand spanking new Piccasso.

Top of the range derv powered. :D :D

Need a bigger motor for my rods, fed up losing the front seat space. :D :D

Dave why are you getting a picture to drive in? ( Piccasso)

OI OI,

NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME AT MY AGE IM ONLY THINKING OF THE NEXED 25YRS, AFTER THAT I WONT CARE IF IM STILL HERE I'LL BE TO OLD TO DRIVE.

:wheelchair::wheelchair::wheelchair::wheelchair:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I went to the Autosport Show at the NEC last Sat, and although its obviously orientated towards motorsport there were what they classed super cars there which I fell in love with.

Being a big Mercedes fan I fell in love with the super AMG, like the one Nassa wrote off. With over 650 bhp and £303.000 it sure was a beast of a car. They also had the big 4 wheel drive AMG which will out accelerate a Aston Martin Vantage - wonderful stuff.

Yogi. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.