GUL INFRA DRYSUIT

Hake

I'm looking for some new togs, and have just come across this. I was going to go for 2 piece (dry cag and dry pants), but reckon this is worth a look. RRP is £230, but available for £200. It seems to be fully featured (inc breathable), but the price seems a bit on the low side....which is good, of course, but makes me suspicious.

If anyone has any feedback on this I'd appreciate it.

I did take a look at the Power Rangers suit recently, but wasn't keen on it.....no offence to all you new Power Rangers, of course.

Thanks.

Hi Hake,

Don't know about the Gul Infra, but i have the Gul Ion which seems well made and is very comfortable .

The Ion is a four layer breathable and seems quite tough.....only time will tell, it also has a different collar and features glideskin neck and wrists.

I got mine from http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/index.php?c...1b16fec638ab602

They do the Infra for £199 and the Ion for £299 with a free underfleece.

Service from the wetsuit outlet is first class and they answer any queries you might have ( size etc.) quickly.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I think the Infra is the 3 layer equivalento of the Ion.

How do you find the "glide skin" seals ? This is one of the main attractions to me. I don't like latex seals, but neoprene seals aren't as waterproof. Have you taken any dunkings in the suit ?....and did the glide skin seals work ?

Also, what about the fit....would you say the sizings are generous ?

Thanks.

Mike

No i haven't had a good dunking in it yet.....but there is still time !..........the wrist seals seem to work fine though , just haven't gone fully under enough to test the neck seal, so all i can say is it's splash proof at least.

I'm 6' 16 stone(ish) and the extra large fits fine , but it's better to ask there advice ( give them your size) when you get in touch with them.

Dave

I think the colour of the Gul Infra is too dark IMO

well you never know........

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I have the 3 layer Gul and if I was buying a new one now I would go for the Crewsaver,they are a lot better :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Just a quickie guys, Ordered the Crewsaver Pro from the wetsuit outlet. top Class service. Ordered late on a monday night. they came back to me on Tuesday with a query which i replied to by lunch hour. Had the suit delivered to Southern Ireland by thursday morning. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. Good deal too. Crewsaver were quoting me £319 but with this gang got for £211 including free thermal fleece and postage. haven't had the chance to try same out yet but looks the dogs...