PIPEFISH EXPLOSION

big_cod

Something very strange is happening in the north sea as we speak there is an explosion of pipefish at the moment and cod are gorgeing themselves on pipefish every cod we had today had bunches of the things in there mouths its unbeleivable ,

pipe-fish-paul.jpg

Paul we have been having the same all summer long and they seem to be increasing everything you put in the water pots nets anchors all come back over the side with pipe fish wrapped round them.

There is deffinatly something strange happening.

I have spent most of my life on the beach and out at sea and have seen strange things happening the same as you will have we had a year when we had hundreds of rays bream swimming hard ashore around our feet a year when we had hundreds of conger eels washed upon the beach only a few weeks ago the fartherinlaw picked a huge spider crab up off the beach its leg span two and a half feet,it was just walking up the beach.

When i was a kid on the beach back in the sixtys and seventys pipe fish were a novelty a rare thing to sea on the east coast now my kids go down and pick up dozens of them.things are on the change maybe we will have to change our fishing tactics or have we allready.?

Paul we have been having the same all summer long and they seem to be increasing everything you put in the water pots nets anchors all come back over the side with pipe fish wrapped round them.

There is deffinatly something strange happening.

I have spent most of my life on the beach and out at sea and have seen strange things happening the same as you will have we had a year when we had hundreds of rays bream swimming hard ashore around our feet a year when we had hundreds of conger eels washed upon the beach only a few weeks ago the fartherinlaw picked a huge spider crab up off the beach its leg span two and a half feet,it was just walking up the beach.

When i was a kid on the beach back in the sixtys and seventys pipe fish were a novelty a rare thing to sea on the east coast now my kids go down and pick up dozens of them.things are on the change maybe we will have to change our fishing tactics or have we allready.?

Andy would you beleive it rays bream were washing ashore last night one guy who was walking his dog on the beach said they were coming ashore in droves my lord what next the last time this happened was in the 70ss.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Andy would you beleive it rays bream were washing ashore last night one guy who was walking his dog on the beach said they were coming ashore in droves my lord what next the last time this happened was in the 70ss.

Good food rays bream if you get chance of a live one paul would love to cook one up.

I remember last time they were around in bay no one knew what they were and they were left to rot i have a fish cookery book with one or two recipies in for them and apparently very good tucker.