Carpin'On

Polly

............ anyone going? I've ordered tickets for the Saturday.

Never heard of it - what and where is it ?

I used to go to some of the shows and have helped out on a stand before now. I wouldn't however pay to go to one though, nothing there of interest to me.

Rob.

I used to go to some of the shows and have helped out on a stand before now. I wouldn't however pay to go to one though, nothing there of interest to me.

Rob.

Its one of those carp shows , carp forums with famous carpers, tackle stands etc etc.Hopefully some bargains to be had.

Why reply if it doesn't interest you ?

Edited by kestrel

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Rob.

I too have been to quite a few angling shows, some good, some bad and some indifferent to be honest. There's mostly something of interest to be found or had it'd just a case of keeping an open mind. Surely, if nothing else, it's a good day out mingling with like minded people and a chance to pick up some good quality kit at reduced prices. £8 for a day out to me represents pretty good value and given that that includes attending numerous talk-ins and presentations given by some of this country's best carp anglers I for one don't mind paying. Personally I'm looking forward to a good day out with my mate and a chance to pick up a few bargains. So c'mon Rob, no more "Bah-Humbug" mate, why not pop along, y'never know there might just be something or someone there that you haven't "Dun that, got the T-Shirt" for, who knows you might even enjoy y'self.

Anyway, anyone else thinking about going? if so Kestrel and Me'll be there for most of the Saturday. Red carnations to be worn by all AN members are the order of the day me thinks

Cheers - Phil

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

No-ones actually said where it is.

My objection nowadays is that I have no interest in listening to some self proclaimed 'carp star' talking about what's he's done. The old guys yep but I've seen them talk before, when I was starting out carping. The modern writers hold no interest to me, I'll learn more talking to good anglers on the bank.

There are very rarely any great discounts to be had, my mate runs his own tackle shop so I get a big enough discount anyway, plus I can go to the trade shows with him if I really want (I went to nashies one last year for something to do).

Don't get me wrong if you like the shows, then go and enjoy them, for me they used to interest me, they don't any more.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

No-ones actually said where it is.

My objection nowadays is that I have no interest in listening to some self proclaimed 'carp star' talking about what's he's done. The old guys yep but I've seen them talk before, when I was starting out carping. The modern writers hold no interest to me, I'll learn more talking to good anglers on the bank.

There are very rarely any great discounts to be had, my mate runs his own tackle shop so I get a big enough discount anyway, plus I can go to the trade shows with him if I really want (I went to nashies one last year for something to do).

Don't get me wrong if you like the shows, then go and enjoy them, for me they used to interest me, they don't any more.

Rob.

5-lakes Nr Colchester, see here:-

http://www.carpinon.co.uk/carpshow_directions.htm

Hear what y'sayin' but I just enjoy the day out, surrounded by like-minded people, no nagging missus and arguing kids. Means missing a chance of spending the day on the bank but so what. assume we wont be seeing you there then Rob but anyone else going?

• 1 month later...

Well, anyone going then?????????

Kestrel & Me good self'll be there tomorrow.

............. anyone else go along?

We had a great day out, grabbed a couple of bargains t'boot.

............. anyone else go along?

We had a great day out, grabbed a couple of bargains t'boot.

Yeh I took my son ,we were looking for a sti bivvy , but no luck, did manage to get a buzz bar case that I was looking for :rolleyes:

Yeh I took my son ,we were looking for a sti bivvy , but no luck, did manage to get a buzz bar case that I was looking for :rolleyes:

I got a couple of decent bargains, no where near as much tackle for sale as the Davies show at Thorpe Park. Good day out though.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.