Chesil beach wildlife devastation

underwaterimage

Morning all,

Ive just had a phone call from a contact down at Chesil. The stranded containier ship down that neck of the woods has had much media coverage. Mostly about the hilarity of the whiskey galore mentality.

What the news fails to mention is the the birds and marine life are being devastated by an oil slick and chemicals. The RSPB and RSPCA are desperate for volunteers to pop down there and help. So if your free this weekend please make the effort to get down and lend a hand.

I intend to get some pictures and do my best to publicise the covered over natural disaster.

Cheers

SDC

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

Morning all,

Ive just had a phone call from a contact down at Chesil. The stranded containier ship down that neck of the woods has had much media coverage. Mostly about the hilarity of the whiskey galore mentality.

What the news fails to mention is the the birds and marine life are being devastated by an oil slick and chemicals. The RSPB and RSPCA are desperate for volunteers to pop down there and help. So if your free this weekend please make the effort to get down and lend a hand.

I intend to get some pictures and do my best to publicise the covered over natural disaster.

Cheers

SDC

That's a change in the news then. The BBC specifically said very little harm had been done to sea birds, that was on the evening news yesterday. Unfortunately too far away from me.

Rob.

That's a change in the news then. The BBC specifically said very little harm had been done to sea birds, that was on the evening news yesterday. Unfortunately too far away from me.

Rob.

Interesting, i do wonder if these things are played down on purpose under instruction from on high.

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

"The RSPB's South West Regional Office plans to mobilise a team of volunteers to monitor beaches east of Branscombe in Devon, where the Napoli beached, to determine the effects of the oil spill outside of the worst hit Dorset beaches."

http://www.rspb.org.uk/policy/marine/news/oiledbirds.asp

It sounds as though they need local volunteers to keep an eye out in the medium to longer term, rather than people turning up to help with birds that have already been oiled. Can't see anything about it on the RSPCA website.