recommended....?

andyml

hi folks,

i'm about to invest some of my hard earned in either a barrow or a trolley...i no longer fish night sessions and reckon a trolley is my best bet...

i usually "only" take my rucksack, quiver, and chair but it weighs quite a lot and some of the furthest swims are a bit of challenge on the big pits... :unsure:

i'd be very interested in your recommendations ..

thanks in advance <')Andy<

As one who went from a trolly to a barrow, with no regrets, I can only suggest that barrows make life a whole lot easier. I have a fairly small JVC job, ideal for upto two Shakey boxes plus mats and the usual add ons. The main advantage, I think, is that one wheel is far more rough terrain friendly than the usual two on a trolly.

For me (unless you are carying too much to fit on one) its a trolly every time. If you load a trolly correctly , that is to say balance the weight of the load over the axel, then all you have to do is push or pull the trolly. If you use a barrow you also have to actually lift much of the weight of the load as the weight lies between the wheels and your hands. This makes it more tiring. Not important if your looking to just get a lot of gear a short distance but if youve drawn a 50 peg walk down a mudy Wallers Haven you need to save as much energy as possible.

Edited by A Worm OOE

thanks for the feedback guys...

i'm tending to favour a trolley but am not sure how i can securely load my rods if the lower platform is fully occupied with my rucksack...

but will google the jrc barrow....

rgds <')Andy<

Peter, not trying to hijack a thread, but where do you put your rod bag?

I use a quiver which either goes across my back, or on top of my boxes. I found that carrying rods on a trolly was a real no no as they tended to make the whole thing top heavy.

>>I found that carrying rods on a trolly was a real no no as they tended to make the whole thing top heavy.<<

thanks peter,

guess it'll shift the centre of gravity way upwards....i always use a quiver but with three rods, 'brolly,storm rods, net, six bank sticks etc it weighs quite a lot particularly if it's all soaking wet...

i'll keep googling...but still favouring a trolley

brgds <')Andy<