First fish

gingerangler

I remember my first fish clearly even though it was 25 years ago,it was a rainbow trout about 1 lb caught on a worm in a tiny pool on an even tinier stream.

I also caught my first perch from the same pool about 10 oz and i didn't know they were spiky, no one had told me, i found out the hard way.

Welcome to the best sport on earth.

A Rudd followed by A rudd, then a few hundred more until I caught an eel.

The eel took a few years to catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The venue - Kirton Rudd pond which is now sadly silted up and overgrown.

the big lake next door is now a commercial.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Congrats ginge, mine was a monster gudgeon from the local canal { or it seemed that way}, i remeber i sat sulking until my dad took me down there { about 9 yrs old}, as my cousin was on holiday catching carp i was really really miffed as we both started at the same time and hadnt caught a thing between us, then this post card dropped through the door bragging about all these fish, so off i headed fibre glass float rod in hand and 1/4 of a pint of the finest mixed maggot money could buy on went the only float i had at the time and 20 minutes later under it went under yippieeeeeeeeeee my 1st fish! Needless to say i think the carp fishing spolit him, he doesnt go any more lol.