Wallesey Saturday 17th February

John E Ashford

A few of us from the Desford SAS travelled up to Wallesey, on the Wirral, for a session of bait pumping. To use up the worms we fished the promenade beside the Wallesey Town Hall Steps.

Success was a number of Codling, Whiting & Plaice, none of us Blanked. (All Fish Were Returned)

To wet your appetites for Bait Pumping, here’s a few shots of my Brother (Dave Ashford) using the slim-line SS Bait Pump.

DavenCliff.jpg

DavePumping1.jpg

DavePumping2.jpg

DavePumping3.jpg

DavePumping4.jpg

DavePumping5.jpg

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

John, Cracking pics mate..just like a tutorial.... :clap: :clap: ..I'd love a try with one of those pumps....what degree of "hardness" of sand do they work in, are they just for the soft stuff ??? can you use them for Rag in shingle/shell/sand ???? :D :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

John, Cracking pics mate..just like a tutorial.... :clap: :clap: ..I'd love a try with one of those pumps....what degree of "hardness" of sand do they work in, are they just for the soft stuff ??? can you use them for Rag in shingle/shell/sand ???? :D :D

You can't use them on shingle for Ragg's , the best results are in sandy areas for black Lug. I found they often suck the gutt's out of Blow Lug.

Hi Norrie, Tigger's got it right, but I'd still give a try where ever you live by the seaside.

You never know, untill you try, you may just have the ideal conditions for bait pumping around your local sea shore.

Take a reccee, walk the shore, lookout for those worm castes, if it's know good for pumping then the good old Potato Fork is the tool for the job. :thumbs:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif