Anybody pole fish using the Korum Chair

Enter Sandman

I have the original Korum chair with various attachments etc.

I sold my seatbox and main pole gear last year and purchased the Korum chair for manily float rod and feeder fishing.

I have a margin pole and its easy in the chair.

however my question is i am thinking of getting a pole again, nothing fancy maybe 11m for carp to 10lb etc but i do not want a seatbox again, do any of you fish the pole from a chair, in particular the Korum chair ??

I know there is no footplate but im talking about pleasure fishing not match so speed isnt an issue etc.

What about pole rests, i could fit the Preston pole rests to the chair, but would the chair lift off if i got off it ?? etc.

Is it possible to pole fish from a chair, any comments and tips

Thanks

Mart

I have the original Korum chair with various attachments etc.

I sold my seatbox and main pole gear last year and purchased the Korum chair for manily float rod and feeder fishing.

I have a margin pole and its easy in the chair.

however my question is i am thinking of getting a pole again, nothing fancy maybe 11m for carp to 10lb etc but i do not want a seatbox again, do any of you fish the pole from a chair, in particular the Korum chair ??

I know there is no footplate but im talking about pleasure fishing not match so speed isnt an issue etc.

What about pole rests, i could fit the Preston pole rests to the chair, but would the chair lift off if i got off it ?? etc.

Is it possible to pole fish from a chair, any comments and tips

Thanks

Mart

i also have the korum chair for the same reason as you,it's more comfortable when using a rod,BUT it is not suitable for pole fishing,i've yet to see a chair that is to be fair, unshipping is the main problem,it's akward in a chair.

I do a fair bit of match fishing so i use a pole a lot and i don't think you can beat a seatbox for this style of fishing.

I understand fishing 16m would be silly in a chair but i was thinking of getting a budget 9m - 11m pole and use that from chair.

I have adjusted the Korum legs so i am sitting up higher, yet still room for tray and rests etc.

My Preston margin pole 6m is easy to hold one handed in a chair etc so i wondered if i could get away with a longer pole as mentioned for pleasure sessions.

Edited by Enter Sandman

i dont have a korum chair, but i have a badger chair and its very easy fishing with a pole. i mailnly use it when i got to a pool near me full of small crucians and its perfect for this as i can sit back and fish 1-3 sections out very comfortably.

i have used it at carp pools such as docklow and furnace mill where i know where ill be marging fishing. you can fish out up to 6 metres comfortably but anymore and its very aukward.

84854438.png

I understand fishing 16m would be silly in a chair but i was thinking of getting a budget 9m - 11m pole and use that from chair.

I have adjusted the Korum legs so i am sitting up higher, yet still room for tray and rests etc.

My Preston margin pole 6m is easy to hold one handed in a chair etc so i wondered if i could get away with a longer pole as mentioned for pleasure sessions.

you can do it, my dad used to fish like that because he didn't like seatboxes but it is quite awkward.

A margin pole is much easier to fish with in a chair because you're not having to unship several sections behind you.

Also it's a problem when you want to feed your swim as you'd have to put your pole down to catapult bait in.unless you are profiecient at using a catty whilst still holding your pole,this is not as easy as it might seem. :wallbash:

By the way what do you think to the korum chair,i don't think it's as comfortable as i thought it would be, i am thinking of swapping mine for a larger 'carp chair'