Scupper Pro Questions

woot

I am thinking about buying a Scupper Pro TW ready for the summer. I have two BIC Bilbao's that I use for fannying about but fancy doing a bit more touring/fishing around the pembrokeshire coastline. Can anyone answer the following for me:

Due to its length I will be keeping the yak outside in the gap between the house and the shed/oil tank, what is the minimum gap I would need to to store the yak on its side?

Is there a reason that I shouldn't store the yak outside permanently?

Is there any way I could secure the yak? I was thinking of something along the lines of passing a cable through the scupper holes and padlocking it to the house but don't know if the holes are too small, any other suggestions?

I am thinking about buying a Scupper Pro TW ready for the summer. I have two BIC Bilbao's that I use for fannying about but fancy doing a bit more touring/fishing around the pembrokeshire coastline. Can anyone answer the following for me:

Due to its length I will be keeping the yak outside in the gap between the house and the shed/oil tank, what is the minimum gap I would need to to store the yak on its side?

Is there a reason that I shouldn't store the yak outside permanently?

Is there any way I could secure the yak? I was thinking of something along the lines of passing a cable through the scupper holes and padlocking it to the house but don't know if the holes are too small, any other suggestions?

Hi woot

I keep my P13 outside covered with a tarpaulin sheet and haven't noticed any probs.

As for chaining it to the house through one of the scupper holes can't see a problem there either,

should be able to get quite a big chain/wire through them.

Not sure of the depth of the Scupper :wallbash: but i'm sure someone will tell you soon enough

HTH

Tom

Kayaks:

Scupper Pro TW (yellow)

Prowler 13 angler (green)

HI Woot

Sad as I am I have just been out in the rain and measured her depth. 14inchs (in your dreams) should give you enough room subject to you not mounting a FF bracket on the flat area. That would take it to 16inches.

By the way great choice.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Woot,

The reason for not keeping your yak outside is because the plastic will deteriorate when exposed to UV light. As Tom says, the best thing is to throw a tarpaulin or something over it to keep the direct sunlight off.

I see that you fish in Pembs. Are you based down here in God's own country or just enjoy visiting. Which ever, if you fancy some company give a shout when your next going out, there are a few of us on here in the area.

Rich.

Thanks for the replys guys, great response couldn't have asked for more. Thats a great result for me I think the gap is already 12" so just a wee shuffle would be enough. I won't be fitting a fishfinder (famous last words) I may want an occasional feather for mackerel or bass/pollack on jelly eels but nothing serious. My main launch would be Broadhaven Beach (North) and my target is to paddle to Stack Rocks/Hen and Chicks to watch the seals etc or paddle back to Broadhaven after being dropped off at either Nolton or St Brides Haven. I have followed some of the posts of you guys fishing in Milford Haven, I am suprised that you haven't targeted some of the easy access wrecks like the Behar just outside Sandy Haven.

Thanks for the replys guys, great response couldn't have asked for more. Thats a great result for me I think the gap is already 12" so just a wee shuffle would be enough. I won't be fitting a fishfinder (famous last words) I may want an occasional feather for mackerel or bass/pollack on jelly eels but nothing serious. My main launch would be Broadhaven Beach (North) and my target is to paddle to Stack Rocks/Hen and Chicks to watch the seals etc or paddle back to Broadhaven after being dropped off at either Nolton or St Brides Haven. I have followed some of the posts of you guys fishing in Milford Haven, I am suprised that you haven't targeted some of the easy access wrecks like the Behar just outside Sandy Haven.

Stack rocks is a nice paddle from St Brides Haven with good fishing as well. If you enjoy a bit of wildlife spotting, Codshead saw a turtle in that area last summer.

Regarding the number of places to fish around here we are just spoilt for choice. So many places to go so little time. Still the list of 'To do's' grows :)

Rich

Your post arrived whilst I was typing the last reply so more info. Unfortunately I don't live in Pembrokeshire yet, I own a property in Broadhaven and spend as much of my time as possible down West. Both myself and my wife have good jobs in Cardiff and can't quite bring ourselves to make the break and move although we talk about it most days. I have had my own boat for the last few years that I keep in Neyland marina and use as much as possible throughout the year for exploring as much of the area as possible. I did see a few people fishing from yaks close to Hobbs point when I was out in my boat a while ago. I made a very slow pass at a respectable distance but didn't go in tight to say hello in case I disturbed them or my wash got their bums wetter than they probably already were. I keep my eye on the posts and will try and get to one of the meets in the area one day just to say hello particularly if there is a Scupper Pro present so that I can see one in action and pick peoples brains.

Hi woot

I fish down the Haven from a kayak and just took delivery of a Scupper Pro last week,

haven't had chance to use it yet but when you have a chance pop along to one of the meets

and have a look :thumbs:

ATB

Tom

Kayaks:

Scupper Pro TW (yellow)

Prowler 13 angler (green)

Another Pembs paddler :thumbs:

As Richi says keep your eye out on here and AA as there will be a bit more action now the weather is on the turn. If you fancy coming along for a trip I have a t 140 you could use for the day. We are fishermen at hearts but we do enjoy the paddle and sometimes spend more time cruising than fishing.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Another kayak angler to the pembrokeshire collection :thumbs:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse