New Carp Fishing Rigs Needed

basshead07

Hi all,

ive wanted to try a few new rigs tactics and baits lately and im trying new baits and tactics i just need to no a few rigs so i was wondering, whats your favourite rig? alll help appreciated :)

Tight Lines jay

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Hi all,

ive wanted to try a few new rigs tactics and baits lately and im trying new baits and tactics i just need to no a few rigs so i was wondering, whats your favourite rig? alll help appreciated :)

Tight Lines jay

Jay,

Why ? Simple question but what are you trying to acheive with new rigs ? I just use a very simple hair rig, because it catches me carp. I ocassionally use a stiff rig or hinged stiff rig with pop-ups but that's it. Try searching in the articles and previous threads here. But my overall advice is keep it simple and don't be fooled by magic wonder rigs in the magazines etc, most are just gimmics.

Rob.

I agree with Rob, when i first started carp fishing, I used to just fish a ledger running on the line, straight through to the hook. The only other thing was a split shot or ledger stop. Caught lots of fish like this.

The only thing I have change is using a hook link, also a lead clip. Must admit i am catching bigger fish now.

I normally fish 2 different set ups, 1 on a running rig, 1 on a semi fixed, have found the running rig out fishes the semi fixed every time.

mick

Edited by musicmick1973

Bog standard knotless knot hair rig. I watched an old Kevin Madddocks video last night and it seems miles better than the rigs he was using on that.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Got to agree with the other answers given. Seems to me that most of the fancy rigs one see's in the magazines are more designed to catch anglers than carp !! Keep it simple....I now use a bog standard running rig with x line hooklink, 12 turn knotless knot and sixe 6 (4 at times as they come up a size smaller than most hooks) Aya Iseama hook. I like at least a cm between end of hook and boilie and that does me for 90% of my fishing.